• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Home kit 2023/24 - New Shirts Revealed

One of our strangest kits. 1964/65 Season.
C4zljoBWQAAreS2
The first style of kit I saw us play in, I suppose like a lot of people the first kit you see your club play in, becomes your favourite kit. We played in same design but Royal Blue. Another thing of beauty.

No ' cos we are not Watford, and some of us have long memories of battles with them.
For the same reason I hate blue and yellow, we aren't Wimbledon.

After they entered the FL and for many years yo-yoed between the 3rd and 4th Divisions along with SUFC they were, as I remember, a real bogey side for us.

This notwithstanding, a nice "beef and mustard" a la the SUEPA retro creation would be FAB.

Agreed. We've had some stunners in the navy era, despite the fact that some were Nike templates. The 2014/15 L2 promotion home kit was great. The 2020/21 Hummel home kit was brilliant too. And my personal favourite, the 2011/12 home - navy shirt with white 'V', white shorts and white socks. That was a super smart look.
One of our most successful shirts had the badge in the centre. I wouldn't mind a return to that style.

One of our most successful shirts had the badge in the centre. I wouldn't mind a return to that style.
this one? I think this was a Nike template at the time.

Attachments

• IMG_5736.jpeg
    IMG_5736.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 59
Bobby Gilfillan next to Woodley & Brian Lloyd goalie. Where's Nobbler when you need him.
Hi Brian, here I am :Smile2:the line-up is as follows:- Back row left to right, Terry Bradbury, John McKinven, Peter Watson, Mortimer"Lou"Costello, John Neal & Mike Beesley. Front row left to right, Derek Woodley, Bobby Gilfillan, Ian McKechnie, Tony Bentley & Big Jim Conway.
That popular team strip above was used between 1961-62(?) and 1964-65 although in that period there was 3 different shirt designs which can all be seen on SUEPA F/B photos page. The colour picture above is shown without the club badge and the other 2 show the badge in the centre of the shirt and also another shows it on the left side. Of the 11 players shown in the picture above just 4 are still alive today,Mike Beesley, Tony Bentley, Terry Bradbury & Jim Conway and I am pleased to say all are members of our Ex-Players Association.

Please, NO. Just reminds me of Wimbledon too much. Also the home yellow was only brought in because of the Vic Jobson, Laing deal. It doesn't really belong on the home shirt.
Stop being a humbug.

I tell you a little fact. A load of kit designs had a load of our former kit colours. Including, the colour scheme of the very first kit at Roots Hall.

The stripes of the 60s

Red, white blue of the 70s

I want to share the debunked designs with you . However, the man who design them said wait. I respect that 💯.

Maybe in the near future.

Any ideas as to when the new kit/s will be announced?

When do we usually do it?
I asked, think it be the same as usual due to the timing of New owners etc. Maybe, with new owners we could be a little more pro active with the launches in the future.

Hopefull that all 3 will be available within a timely manner. Like, the Gillingham kits.

Cause, the 3rd kit is banging and homage to a classic top in the past 👌

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back