• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official Match Thread brought to you by ShrimperZone.com
View attachment 24330View attachment 24331View attachment 24332

The club are up before Judge Mullen on Weds 18th Jan 2023 at 10.30.am, it is 15th on the list. The Venue is Rolls Building. Court 1.

View attachment 24329

Link to full list

Current Form Head to Head (last 10 shown)

HM Revenue & Customs
L L L L L L L L L L
Southend United W W W W W W W W W W
Wasn't the last one a score draw?

Adjourning will only increase the number of people protesting on the 28th. Ron had a chance to kill that but instead will be fuelling it.

I do find it odd that the echo is quiet around all this given it is potential impending doom for our club. Such a weird apathy around. RM really has ground us all down. Quite impressive.

Adjourning will only increase the number of people protesting on the 28th. Ron had a chance to kill that but instead will be fuelling it.
Something tells me his wallet is empty & back of the sofa has been fleeced, so best outcome would be adjournment I would have thought

I do find it odd that the echo is quiet around all this given it is potential impending doom for our club. Such a weird apathy around. RM really has ground us all down. Quite impressive.
I asked CP about the lack of coverage and investigative journalism from the Echo and was told there isn’t enough staff. Found that staggering considering the importance to the City and some of the stories that they do cover.

Something tells me his wallet is empty & back of the sofa has been fleeced, so best outcome would be adjournment I would have thought
In the end for an adjournment he will have to demonstrate funds are assured and progressing to a clear timeline. If he can demonstrate that like last time HMRC will agree to the adjournment prior (even if they didn't in these circumstances the judge would).

Of course, we want it paid.

If its adjourned the question will focus back quite rightly on paying staff/funding the club in the interim. Of course its possible a more limited loan could be obtained for this.

What I sincerely hope will happen either way is a further club statement further to the hearing.

I asked CP about the lack of coverage and investigative journalism from the Echo and was told there isn’t enough staff. Found that staggering considering the importance to the City and some of the stories that they do cover.
I think it’s emotionally draining on him too and his own mental health, which I fully understand. He’s not an investigative journalist as well. Jon *something* was and he would have been great doing an expose on RM. We have high profile fans and journalists that have info and don’t provide.

Matt @ Athletic said he’d share with fans what he knows if you see him at a game.

No idea why no one goes after the man. Even Bernie could but just jumps on Echo instead.

There’s so many people that care about this club but RM keeps all this at arm’s length. His charm of Crate was evident too during a brief chat and then the legal docs he mentioned.

RM is good at this and still alarms me no one goes after him properly but there we go.

I add myself to that list of inaction too.

Just depressing around something that should be an escape from general life.

AN adjjornment would be the best outcome rather than haveing the club wound up .All we need to know is that the first team are still reciveing there wages .To try to keep them playing for the club at least untill the summer .

I think it’s emotionally draining on him too and his own mental health, which I fully understand. He’s not an investigative journalist as well. Jon *something* was and he would have been great doing an expose on RM. We have high profile fans and journalists that have info and don’t provide.

Matt @ Athletic said he’d share with fans what he knows if you see him at a game.

No idea why no one goes after the man. Even Bernie could but just jumps on Echo instead.

There’s so many people that care about this club but RM keeps all this at arm’s length. His charm of Crate was evident too during a brief chat and then the legal docs he mentioned.

RM is good at this and still alarms me no one goes after him properly but there we go.

I add myself to that list of inaction too.

Just depressing around something that should be an escape from general life.
I thought the Echo would have taken it off the sports pages and onto the front page. I wasn’t expecting CP to do it.

I'm afraid the words investigative journalism and The Echo fall in to oxymoron territory. It would have meant that somebody would have to have done some proper research and maybe actually interviewed some people rather than just cutting and pasting someone else 'copy'. Far easier and quicker to fill up column inches by rehashing Easy Jets latest press release and lifting comments from their Facebook account!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back