• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your probably right I'm not real fan anymore as I once was. All this new stadium/off field crap has knocked the love I once had for Southend.
Same, but I just keep going, even Legia was crap last year, I still stuck with them (even if they went down).

Ron via his lawyers has to prove he is making all efforts to pay the outstanding debt.We dont know what was said at the previous hearing but if we assume the club is endeavouring to get a bridging loan and that was what the Judge was told obviously the Judge will want an update.Tomorrows hearing will be interesting to hear what is discussed we could learn alot love to be in attendance

I understand your first point however rather watch the Premier League. Really? The VAR decisions are awful and take any enjoyment out of the game, the refs are arguably worse that the NL refs, the football isnt as entertaining, its full of day trippers. Playing NL football is nothing for us to be proud of but if I am being honest being part of 1000+ Southend fans at Barnet for example is something you cannot say isnt a proud moment. Our support is so much better than most clubs especially when you factor in what we have had to deal with over recent years. Keep the faith, we will be back and we will be back stronger. We have a great chance of getting to Wembley this season (possibly twice). There are tons of negatives and no one at all is backing Ron but there are also positives as I have said before - training ground will be unreal, stadium will be great, our squad is exciting to watch, great management team and so much potential. Have some tough times to get through but we will come out the other side so much stronger.
I agree with VAR it is bit of joke. Also I was 1 of the 1,000 plus who went that night and it was decent away day. After that night it's gone back to the off field crap...... I think to myself hear we go again back to square 1. Personally iv never particularly liked ron even when I was going back in the efl days but I could stomach the off field rubbish back then. Now I just want change of ownership and won't return until he gone. He really has rotted this club which I won't forgive him for. The new stadium is still a case I will believe it when actual building work starts, until then it's just the usual talk.

I agree with VAR it is bit of joke. Also I was 1 of the 1,000 plus who went that night and it was decent away day. After that night it's gone back to the off field crap...... I think to myself hear we go again back to square 1. Personally iv never particularly liked ron even when I was going back in the efl days but I could stomach the off field rubbish back then. Now I just want change of ownership and won't return until he gone. He really has rotted this club which I won't forgive him for. The new stadium is still a case I will believe it when actual building work starts, until then it's just the usual talk.
Believe me I agree with you. I would also say has it only got worse because our results took a downward turn? Would it have been this bad had we kept the unbeaten run going? I think the poor results for a period of time came at the worse possible time with the other issues rising up.

It’s a bad things, cos we lose 12 points, it’s will destroy team spirit and potentially NL will boot us out of the league at end of the season and we be placed in Ryman League.

You've not understood my point. The other is we are wound up. Finished. No fit and proper owner would even let that option occur. Admin is better of the two.

Believe me I agree with you. I would also say has it only got worse because our results took a downward turn? Would it have been this bad had we kept the unbeaten run going? I think the poor results for a period of time came at the worse possible time with the other issues rising up.
Losing games does tend to accelerate negativety. Your probably right if we continued that winning run the background noise wouldn't be as loud. For management, players and fans it's hard not to get ****ed off when you hear about late wages/hmrc issues, just brings everyone down again. Let's just hope King kev can lead us to top 7 finish. Us Southend fans deserve bit of success after last 3/4 years.

So we have gone from it will be paid to another adjournment... RM not fit or proper

Even if we were to enter administration, the new stadium would be built. Administrators would seek the best option from interested parties. For Ron, it would mean financial oblivion.

We would likely get a 10 point immediate points deduction but there is only a moderate chance of promotion anyway.

Ron constantly play Russian roulette and one time that bullet will finally hit the mark.

Maybe tomorrow or maybe he will be lucky, yet again!

Just to clarify, can the club go into administration if it is wound up?

I was under the impression that it couldn't as the only creditor is the HMRC and Ron neither of whom gain anything by administration

Just to clarify, can the club go into administration if it is wound up?

I was under the impression that it couldn't as the only creditor is the HMRC and Ron neither of whom gain anything by administration
There could be other creditors we're not aware of. Has he paid Brady yet? 😂

Not really.If HMRC aren't paid in full and the embargo stays in place we won't be able to get any players in to consolidate our play off push and there's a risk that some of our better players might leave.
It would be madness to sign anyone at the moment even if players leave

Very few teams in this league with a better squad than us. If a couple of our better players do get poached - and that WILL happen if they get decent offers from higher up - we've got plenty who could come in to replace them. Don't be scared of losing Hobson - many fans want him gone anyway. See the potential in Louis Lomas.
Here's a double prediction for you.I very much doubt if we'll get promoted via the play-offs.FWIW,I think we've got a much better chance of getting to Wembly via the meaningless FA Trophy route. (obviously I sincerely hope I'm wrong-at least on the first count. :Winking: Fun being a SUFC fan atm,isn't it?

Last edited:
You've not understood my point. The other is we are wound up. Finished. No fit and proper owner would even let that option occur. Admin is better of the two.
NL will finish us off, they will throw us out of the league at the end of the season, like many clubs in the past, end up 2 level down. Losing points will finish the team off, plus our managers teams will quit, everyone will leave on small fees and free transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back