• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone who you say wants the company wound up he has gone to extraordinary lengths to avoid it

If you look at it from his perspective if the club is wound up a separate company still in the family is doing the development so who’s to stop the flats being built without the stadium if there’s no club? Would save money for him. So basically club or not he’ll get the flats

Even if it all goes though whoever owns the club next could be as bad as rm. he isn’t the only irritating person in football and as we see so many clubs have issues and owners with agendas.

Last edited:
Beyond being hard of thinking, or maybe having some mental health issues, ( and I hope that is not the case ) there can be no logical reason for anyone to defend him or his toxic ownership of this great club.

It’s all too sad to think about for too long.

Not sure why you feel the need to bring mental health into the argument really.

Pretty disgusting to suggest anyone that has anything “positive” to say about RM has mental health issues if you ask me….

If you look at it from his perspective if the club is wound up a separate company still in the family is doing the development so who’s to stop the flats being built without the stadium if there’s no club? Would save money for him. So basically club or not he’ll get the flats

Even if it all goes though whoever owns the club next could be as bad as rm. he isn’t the only irritating person in football and as we see so many clubs have issues and owners with agendas.
One of the conditions of the planning permission on Roots Hall is that a new stadium, with at least the capacity of Roots Hall, is completed.

No new stadium = no development at Roots Hall

Just take a moment to reflect on exactly where SUFC is at right now…. All thanks to him.

We are out of the league, we are a pariah club with a destroyed reputation, we are the biggest laughing stock in English football, we are all but bankrupt…….NO real SUFC fan can have even the slightest positive thing to say about about “that person” …….. so I just assume that anyone who defends him in any way , shape or form, is just a stooge, put the there to deliberately divide the fan base.

Beyond being hard of thinking, or maybe having some mental health issues, ( and I hope that is not the case ) there can be no logical reason for anyone to defend him or his toxic ownership of this great club.

It’s all too sad to think about for too long.
An attack on other supporters - divide and conquer - you are Ron and I claim my £5

One of the conditions of the planning permission on Roots Hall is that a new stadium, with at least the capacity of Roots Hall, is completed.

No new stadium = no development at Roots Hall

And at the Fossets site a condition of planning is that no residential construction can commence until funding for the stadium is secured, and a binding contract has been entered to construct phase 1 of the stadium

So as far as I can see, as it currently stands, no stadium = no housing.

I'm not blaming the fans one bit.

There's only 1 person who takes responsibility for this disaster. Although some fans should be ashamed of themselves being pro Ron. They've encouraged gambling with the clubs existence to be acceptable.

I just feel like he's had an easy ride.
Not wanting Ron out at this particular moment in time isn't being pro Ron.

Acknowledging what he done in the past or having some understanding of why he has taken the action he has isn't being pro Ron.

In fact, I doubt you'll find a pro Ron fan in the supporter base.

I think you'll find many people are pro SUFC and just happen to believe that the best chance the club has of surviving is just to let the current scenario play out without protests, marches, bringing the scenario to the attention of the national press and are just trying to enjoy what is the best season on the pitch we have had for some time.

The golden egg may well be within his grasp and If Ron had paid before Wednesday and the case had been dismissed then I would tend to agree with you.

However I firmly believe he’s run out of companies to turn to for money and is struggling to secure the loan.

The FF development was a lot more profitable 2-3 years ago, but with a huge rise in building materials, property prices dropping and interest rates rising the end profit will be significantly less now than originally forecast.

This has probably resulted in lenders tending to be a lot more nervous loaning a property developer that kind of money who’s had huge financial difficulties and a history of court cases with unpaid taxes to HMRC.

As I have said the only way out of this mess is for Ron to sell now before it’s too late and we don’t have a club left in 5 weeks time!
There are ALWAYS people who will lend money, the terms are just much more in the lender's favour - that's why as individuals, it's best not to use loan sharks.

As to building costs, well, actually they've fallen considerably since last year, so that may well work in the development's favour.

Ron is NOT going to sell now. The case WILL be dismissed at the next hearing.

Last edited:
And at the Fossets site a condition of planning is that no residential construction can commence until funding for the stadium is secured, and a binding contract has been entered to construct phase 1 of the stadium

So as far as I can see, as it currently stands, no stadium = no housing.
Does it state anywhere that a football club must exist to use the stadium?

I'm getting very worried that we will end up with another Reynolds arena

Reactions: GBJ
Have been stupidly busy this week and am only just catching up. I read the AAS match report of the match with HMRC and see we maintained our unbeaten record, which is obviously a relief.

And now it actually does seem as though we are at last chance saloon. It's gone to penalties.

As many of you will realise, I think I'm a lot more optimistic than most about this whole thing; not because I have any inside info or anything like that, I've never met Ron and I don't have any vested interest in this either way, aside from continuing to have a team to support.

But there is one factor that I don't think has been picked up by anyone on here (apologies if it has) that gives me the greatest hope.

Before the hearing, I think there was a general consensus that there would be another adjournment for 56 days (I thought it would be paid with the embargo removed, so that tells you what I know!).

What's actually happened, is that we have a 42 day extension, and it's final. That word final is, I agree, a bit scary. The fact that the extension is 6 instead of 8 weeks is also something that focuses the mind. Because of the history, it's easy to picture a ****ed off HMRC barrister and a frowning judge coming down on serial non payer Ron and really putting the squeeze on.

I don't think that's the whole story here... it would appear that we are the ones that have asked for 42 days.

What does that mean?

Well, I would say we must be pretty sure that the money will be coming within 3-4 weeks with a margin for error built in.

Our lawyers are not going to have gone into this cold. There will have been discussions. Ron hasn't suddenly discovered he owes HMRC money and needs funds. He will have been trying to resolve this for MONTHS. He will have given his best estimate for when the monies would be through (weeks, not months, remember) but the fact that it hasn't materialised doesn't mean he lied; it's just outside his control.

It's a bridging loan. There will have been financial forecasts being done regarding how much we will need to get us to the next tranche of payments. The interest rate will be higher than usual. A miscalculation could put us exactly in this position again in a few months with no opportunity to refinance again. He has to get it right.

It therefore means that he has to draw the funds down as late as possible to avoid crippling excess interest charges.

In my opinion, if there was any doubt that the money wouldn't be available, we would have been pushing for 56 days, possibly even longer (if that's even possible).

It's very easy for us to panic and jump to conclusions when we don't have any of the relevant information. That's what Ron meant when he said to the people that visited his house "You don't know anything". No-one knows what goes on behind the scenes.

So, whilst we are not officially out of the woods, I am much more relaxed about the outcome that I would have been if it were the judge's decision to cut the time before the next hearing.

Does it state anywhere that a football club must exist to use the stadium?

I'm getting very worried that we will end up with another Reynolds arena

From memory I think it says a 20yr lease has to be signed with Southend United or another club

Just found these:

So Main was chairman when Martin Dawn were majority shareholders and he sold the ground to them to clear debts?

@rigsby if you wouldn’t mind reposting or pointing me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
John Main, nice guy but he was spending the clubs money like a drunken sailor

There are ALWAYS people who will lend money, the terms are just much more in the lender's favour - that's why as individuals, it's best not to use loan sharks.

As to building costs, well, actually they've fallen considerably since last year, so that may well work in the development's favour.

Ron is NOT going to sell now. The case WILL be dismissed at the next hearing.
Though I would assume pricing has already been set for the construction costs given how far along we are

Good luck with that. I guess your some sort of Liberal, lefty green type candidate.....Who wants more recognition for the 72 different genders.

I went to that presentation at the Blues lounge about 6/7 years ago when BL were going to build Cinema etc. It seemed they hadn't considered the obvious problem of extra traffic. The head of SBC said they had been pushing for a new relief road from FF to Tescos for over 20 years.

They would have a new Warners bridge and could have picked up all the airport traffic. the problem is part of it would have been on Rochfords land and they refused and were proud of it.

Every time i'm stuck in traffic clutching through Rochford I think of those narrow minded idiots who are poisoning their own people.
There is only 3 genders mate…
Male
Female
Ron Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back