• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread HMRC v Southend United Winding Up Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
40 days goes past the start of the league and if (I say if) we haven't settled the HMRC then we will be under an embargo (does just paying the HMRC lift the embargo or does that also have to be all footballing debts?) so would the NL then take action of some / any kind?
Let’s not get too far ahead of today.

The problem is almost certainly that another sizeable chunk will be owed to HMRC in respect of VAT and PAYE / NIC on players wages alone

I know it probably makes no difference to the judge but surely he will appreciate the gravity of his actions and the effects on fans and business alike in the knock on effect. Especially if the place is packed out.
I think the judge will solely focus on the best way for creditors under the WUP to get their money. If reasonable chance in 30 days then expect an adjournment but will there be a reasonable chance? The judge will have to be dispassionate.

Let’s not get too far ahead of today.

The problem is almost certainly that another sizeable chunk will be owed to HMRC in respect of VAT and PAYE / NIC on players wages alone
it is all linked is it not, HMRC, Staff salaries, all petitioned debt. embargo not lifted before that's done, so we could potentially still be under an embargo when the season starts. Thats all I was raising along with the fact the NL may take action then

I think the judge will solely focus on the best way for creditors under the WUP to get their money. If reasonable chance in 30 days then expect an adjournment but will there be a reasonable chance? The judge will have to be dispassionate.
He will also be mindful of the possibility/ reality that a limited company is trading whilst almost certainly trading whilst insolvent

Dont know what to read into RM self represented

Correct. Well, assuming the judge is satisfied with the evidence of course.

Only question is how long is the adjournment and what action will the NL take?...
If he says he needs 40 days then the "bid" is probably still early stages, if he needs 10 days a different story. He will need to have shared the status with the judge (even if not for open court) and that will, you would think, play into the length of the adjournment?

Driving home in the car just now I had Gold radio on and The Mersey Beats singing Sorrow. If you know the opening lines you'll know I've taken it as a sign................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back