• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread HMRC v Southend United Winding Up Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned to me they heard a rumour that HMRC had been paid. I guess we will find out if that rumour is fact soon enough
Then what would be the adjournment for? One of the other parties to the WUP?
But is so, that means embargo lifted I think...

If Ron gets 40 days, I can't see NL mirroring it. I think they'll give us every chance they can to get our house in order but won't let us kick off in our current state. So NL, depending on quality of evidence, might give until just before the first game - so 3 weeks or so.
40 days goes past the start of the league and if (I say if) we haven't settled the HMRC then we will be under an embargo (does just paying the HMRC lift the embargo or does that also have to be all footballing debts?) so would the NL then take action of some / any kind?

40 days goes past the start of the league and if (I say if) we haven't settled the HMRC then we will be under an embargo (does just paying the HMRC lift the embargo or does that also have to be all footballing debts?) so would the NL then take action of some / any kind?
All football related debts and wages will need to be cleared before embargo is lifted.

From my understanding we would need to clear HMRC and all football debts (including staff wages) in order for the embargo to be lifted.

Then what would be the adjournment for? One of the other parties to the WUP?
But is so, that means embargo lifted I think...
Not sure at this point that any creditor that joined the WUO can be treated differently to HMRC. In effect all paid or it continues

It has to be all football creditors paid off as well as the HMRC debt in order for the club to maintain its licence from the National League. 40 days does go past the start of the season. The court may or may not factor that in. If they don't and grant 40 days then I don't think the NL will, and whatever the NL's deadline is will become the new priority.

I know it probably makes no difference to the judge but surely he will appreciate the gravity of his actions and the effects on fans and business alike in the knock on effect. Especially if the place is packed out.

We need a countdown from those in court like Alan Freeman.

Can't believe that if the family wanted Ron out that Jack buying would be anything other than a very short term solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back