• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Hillson Departs

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hillson wasn’t good enough to be considered for a start, why were we wasting a wage on him? There’s always the option to sign a keeper on loan in case of injury, and Brown could be on the bench in case of emergency.

I’m not sure what the point of having a second senior keeper at this level is, unless there’s genuine competition with the first choice.

If Hillson wasn’t good enough to be considered for a start, why were we wasting a wage on him? There’s always the option to sign a keeper on loan in case of injury, and Brown could be on the bench in case of emergency.

I’m not sure what the point of having a second senior keeper at this level is, unless there’s genuine competition with the first choice.
He was on a non-contract terms so he won't have been on a weekly wage.

Non-Contract tend to get paid in appearance fees and clauses. He will likely have been receiving a certain amount for being an unused substitute/being in the match squad.
I get that, but as you say he would have been receiving a ‘wage’ to be part of the squad etc, no one’s going to turn up to training/matches at our level for nothing.

I get that, but as you say he would have been receiving a ‘wage’ to be part of the squad etc, no one’s going to turn up to training/matches at our level for nothing.
He would be receiving less than if he was on a weekly wage but the compromise is that he's free to leave whenever.

Police, get constant abuse online and to their faces, come under constant scrutiny in whatever they do. They get paid a hell of a lot less than even Collin! Having been in the role myself (not civilian) and having lots of current and former serving friends in Essex, Norfolk and the Met. They put up with it and it’s 100 times worse than just saying a player has had a **** game.
I suspect a number of Customer facing roles, you also get abuse with, and most of those probably aren't being paid much more than the minimum wage!

Unfortunately there are lots of examples ☹️

Saw the thread title “Transfer news and gossip” and thought the tumble weed had cleared and there was a hint of an incoming- should have known better. Seems to be a thread about why a few people think it’s ok to shout at our only goalkeeper…

Saw the thread title “Transfer news and gossip” and thought the tumble weed had cleared and there was a hint of an incoming- should have known better. Seems to be a thread about why a few people think it’s ok to shout at our only goalkeeper…
Indeed. Hillson is gone. Nothing else to say on the matter so we shall close the thread before it goes further down a Collin rabbit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back