• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Hillson Departs

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t like it as a career - imagine getting slaughtered every weekend on social media
Don't go on social media. We all know social media is bit of cesspit at times...... unfortunately in today's world footballers are targets, score 3 in row your best thing going, no goals in 3 your crap..... thats social media I'm afraid.

Don't go on social media. We all know social media is bit of cesspit at times...... unfortunately in today's world footballers are targets, score 3 in row your best thing going, no goals in 3 your crap..... thats social media I'm afraid.
So don’t go on social media, don’t drink, don’t eat food that’s bad for you, don’t do drugs, don’t gamble, don’t go on holiday any time between July-May, don’t be seen out with friends if the team lost….

Doesn’t sound much of a life and it’s not as if Collin will be on decent money.

So don’t go on social media, don’t drink, don’t eat food that’s bad for you, don’t do drugs, don’t gamble, don’t go on holiday any time between July-May, don’t be seen out with friends if the team lost….

Doesn’t sound much of a life and it’s not as if Collin will be on decent money.
What else do you want me to say. Footballers are so privileged with the wealth they receive but unfortunately they are targets on social media that's fact...... the top end players get it the most so few shrimpers giving colin bit of stick on socials or in the stadium shouldn't really effect him. If you don't want to be footballer then go work in tesco. Does it make it right? Probably not but it's today world I'm afraid.

What else do you want me to say. Footballers are so privileged with the wealth they receive but unfortunately they are targets on social media that's fact...... the top end players get it the most so few shrimpers giving colin bit of stick on socials or in the stadium shouldn't really effect him. If you don't want to be footballer then go work in tesco. Does it make it right? Probably not but it's today world I'm afraid.
I've said it before - no one deserves abuse at work (except maybe refs 🤪). Not sure what other industries would put up with it!

And they're not particularly well paid at this level - especially considering short career.

I'm not saying hammer him to death but bloudy he'll you are in industry which is very well paid which we would all love to do as job...... bit of stick now and again shouldn't do any harm infact it's could be classed as character building. I don't agree with personal **** like targeting family members for example. Colin is decent shot stopper who has promising career ahead of him. He be fine with arm round his shoulder from the coaching team.

I’d hazard a guess that a number of posters on here earn more than Collin does.

The “he gets paid loads so can take the abuse” agreement is absolutely nonsense. Why should his pay come into it?

All this talk when the club has just had its “Match for Mind”, nearly £10,000 was raised, and we’ve just had World Mental Health Day, but it’s okay because he earns a few quid. Jesus.

You read my post and thought they sounded privileged?

I've said it before - no one deserves abuse at work (except maybe refs 🤪). Not sure what other industries would put up with it!

And they're not particularly well paid at this level - especially considering short career.
Police, get constant abuse online and to their faces, come under constant scrutiny in whatever they do. They get paid a hell of a lot less than even Collin! Having been in the role myself (not civilian) and having lots of current and former serving friends in Essex, Norfolk and the Met. They put up with it and it’s 100 times worse than just saying a player has had a **** game.

I’d hazard a guess that a number of posters on here earn more than Collin does.

The “he gets paid loads so can take the abuse” agreement is absolutely nonsense. Why should his pay come into it?

All this talk when the club has just had its “Match for Mind”, nearly £10,000 was raised, and we’ve just had World Mental Health Day, but it’s okay because he earns a few quid. Jesus.
If footballer hasn't played well for period of time then unfortunately there open to criticism. Little bit stick to footballer about his performances I don't see the massive issue aslong as it doesn't get personal.

Police, get constant abuse online and to their faces, come under constant scrutiny in whatever they do. They get paid a hell of a lot less than even Collin! Having been in the role myself (not civilian) and having lots of current and former serving friends in Essex, Norfolk and the Met. They put up with it and it’s 100 times worse than just saying a player has had a **** game.
And that's wrong as well. Its not a competition - as I said no one deserves abuse at work

Dan for goodness sake he footballer who all of us would love to be, bit of criticism shouldn't really effect him aslong as its not personal...... if it does he pretty weak minded individual and probably shouldn't be playing professional football. So what he gets little bit of stick its part and parcel of the game. Im sure he wouldn't suddenly pack it in for job stacking shelves at tesco. I agree Colin is decent goalkeeper although his kicking is **** but he young so plenty to learn, I'm sure he will come through this bad patch.
It was world mental health day two days ago.

If he gets criticism it should be constructive and professional from senior players and coaching staff not online pile-ons from people that would struggle to find enough mates for a game down power league.

Anyone slagging off a 21 year old needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

If footballer hasn't played well for period of time then unfortunately there open to criticism. Little bit stick to footballer about his performances I don't see the massive issue aslong as it doesn't get personal.

What do you do for work?

If you haven’t been performing well for a period of time, whatever the circumstances, do you get 6,000 fans hurling abuse at you at your place of work?

Do you get constant groans if you do the equivalent at your work as putting the ball out of play?

Do you log onto social media after a bad day at work and have loads of messages of abuse being you made a mistake?

Just because they are footballers, doesn’t mean they deserve abuse if they aren’t playing well?

Constructive criticism is absolutely fine, but some of the stuff I’ve read about Collin is horrendous. Especially from people that can’t spell his name…

Last edited:

If he gets criticism it should be constructive and professional from senior players and coaching staff not online pile-ons from people that would struggle to find enough mates for a game down power league.

👏 👏 👏 👏

Surely if you’re pointing out about mental health then age has nothing to do with it.

You can’t slag off Collin because he’s 21 but you can slag off someone because they’re 40?

The point should be, criticism is ok, in a constructive and non abusive manner, abuse is not ok. Regardless of age, sex, religion, race etc.

What do you do for work?

If you haven’t been performing well for a period of time, whatever the circumstances, do you get 6,000 fans hurling abuse at you at your place of work?

Do you get constant groans if you do the equivalent at your work as putting the ball out of play?

Do you log onto social media after a bad day at work and have loads of messages of abuse being you made a mistake?

Just because they are footballers, doesn’t mean they deserve abuse if they aren’t playing well?

Constructive criticism is absolutely fine, but so of the stuff I’ve read about Collin is horrendous. Especially from people that can’t spell his name…
Where are you reading this? I haven’t seen it on here? I assume you’re on about on X or Facebook?

Where are you reading this? I haven’t seen it on here? I assume you’re on about on X or Facebook?

There has been stuff said on here.

X too. I’ve seen a few screen shots too, and unsurprisingly some pond scum went down a certain route which you won’t get any prizes for guessing. I’m assuming it’s the same on Facebook, but I don’t have that thankfully.

There has been stuff said on here.

X too. I’ve seen a few screen shots too, and unsurprisingly some pond scum went down a certain route which you won’t get any prizes for guessing. I’m assuming it’s the same on Facebook, but I don’t have that thankfully.
If it is of an abusive nature I encourage all to use the report button. Then we as a mod team will action on it.

What do you do for work?

Constructive criticism is absolutely fine, but so of the stuff I’ve read about Collin is horrendous. Especially from people that can’t spell his name…
That's ridiculous comparison comparing the working man to footballer. Being footballer is privileged which 95% of us to love to be. Footballers know what to expect when entering that industry. Unfortunately at times its unforgiving industry but at same time it's very rewarding industry which pays well........ I don't condone personal abuse but if I'm paying my money and I'm seeing a player perform badly over period of time I will vent my frustration ie booing or saying that's crap need to up your game at the stadium. If Colin has been getting Social media abuse which im guessing from your comments then that's not on, but in the stadium if fan gives player some stick after bad performances and the team isn't playing well I don't see that as issue, the same goes to player giving some back to the fan ie the next week he score a goal and wants to make point. Part parcel of the game I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back