• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Hillson Departs

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuck with Calamity Colin then
You could at least try to be original (and educate yourself in the correct spelling of his name).

I hope supporters get behind him and try to help him regain confidence. He's a Southend United player, whether you like it or not. He's also a young lad still.

Do you remember what happened to Ted Smith? Or as you might recall him as... Ted Smyth.

Great stuck with Calamity Colin then
You can't be serious? He is a very young player that has gone through the hellish times with us and been outstanding. He is going through a little sticky patch, as all players do. It's kind of forgiven when the entire spine of the team has been ripped out from in front of him. Indecision can happen to an experienced head when that has happened.

Before we start calling our own players names, let's firstly consider what that does to them mentally and secondly, consider the other players at this level. Eastleigh's keeper hardly covered himself in glory today. We are at NL level, people's expectations have seriously got to be reeled in.

Let's get behind our players generally, but specifically when they need support the most.

The fact that people were calling for him to start without ever seeing him play is laughable really. The only club willing to take him was a lower league club in Salisbury, which suggests his level. Was only a back up on a non contract basis so never going to out Collin.
Bit of a strange take.

Collin wasn’t having a good run so of course people would want to give our only other 1st team goalkeeper a start.

Bit of a strange take.

Collin wasn’t having a good run so of course people would want to give our only other 1st team goalkeeper a start.
Get that, but a young keeper's form can be down to many things, which certainly a revolving changing defensive line up, I believe has been a big factor. Better to stick with him and build his confidence, rather than stick in anyone that you've no idea the quality of. That to me is a strange take.

You can't be serious? He is a very young player that has gone through the hellish times with us and been outstanding. He is going through a little sticky patch, as all players do. It's kind of forgiven when the entire spine of the team has been ripped out from in front of him. Indecision can happen to an experienced head when that has happened.

Before we start calling our own players names, let's firstly consider what that does to them mentally and secondly, consider the other players at this level. Eastleigh's keeper hardly covered himself in glory today. We are at NL level, people's expectations have seriously got to be reeled in.

Let's get behind our players generally, but specifically when they need support the most.
Dan for goodness sake he footballer who all of us would love to be, bit of criticism shouldn't really effect him aslong as its not personal...... if it does he pretty weak minded individual and probably shouldn't be playing professional football. So what he gets little bit of stick its part and parcel of the game. Im sure he wouldn't suddenly pack it in for job stacking shelves at tesco. I agree Colin is decent goalkeeper although his kicking is **** but he young so plenty to learn, I'm sure he will come through this bad patch.

Dan for goodness sake he footballer who all of us would love to be, bit of criticism shouldn't really effect him aslong as its not personal...... if it does he pretty weak minded individual and probably shouldn't be playing professional football. So what he gets little bit of stick its part and parcel of the game. Im sure he wouldn't suddenly pack it in for job stacking shelves at tesco. I agree Colin is decent goalkeeper although his kicking is **** but he young so plenty to learn, I'm sure he will come through this bad patch.
He's a footballer, but also a human being and a young lad. He's had a rough patch and very likely low on confidence. What do you think the right thing to do is? For his good and the good of the club?

My point was about calling people want for Hillson to play laughable, rather than anything else.
If the alternative was Hayes, let's say .... I get it. But to call for an even more of a novice? Clearly Kev didn't see him as a better option. That said, we need another keeper to push Collin who's equal or better.

The fact that people were calling for him to start without ever seeing him play is laughable really. The only club willing to take him was a lower league club in Salisbury, which suggests his level. Was only a back up on a non contract basis so never going to out Collin.

The EFL window is closed.

Odd take. He clearly wants to play football and when you are still on the bench when the current number one is out of form for several games, I actually commend him for backing himself and moving on.

Weak minded would be not going anymore because of a couple of relegations.

He's a footballer, but also a human being and a young lad. He's had a rough patch and very likely low on confidence. What do you think the right thing to do is? For his good and the good of the club?
I'm not saying hammer him to death but bloudy he'll you are in industry which is very well paid which we would all love to do as job...... bit of stick now and again shouldn't do any harm infact it's could be classed as character building. I don't agree with personal **** like targeting family members for example. Colin is decent shot stopper who has promising career ahead of him. He be fine with arm round his shoulder from the coaching team.

I'm not saying hammer him to death but bloudy he'll you are in industry which is very well paid which we would all love to do as job...... bit of stick now and again shouldn't do any harm infact it's could be classed as character building. I don't agree with personal **** like targeting family members for example. Colin is decent shot stopper who has promising career ahead of him. He be fine with arm round his shoulder from the coaching team.
I wouldn’t like it as a career - imagine getting slaughtered every weekend on social media

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back