• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Cardwell

Unfortunately, it just becomes impossible when clubs like that who have the backing to be able to throw silly money at players. I wouldn't hold it against him, if another company offered to massively increase my wage I would be off.

The money even in this league is just becoming stupid.
Oh nothing against him. I'd walk there if I was offered the same. Just sad how far we've fallen

I think some people are getting a bit OTT. This doesn't mean that FGR or Barnet are bigger clubs than we are or that Promotion isn't the goal. If there wasn't a release clause I doubt that the Club would be accepting this offer.

Promotion is absolutely the goal not least because of the impact it would have on being able to reopen the Academy which is at the heart of what we want to be as a football club.
Absolutely this.

Also FGR and Barnet don’t have to rebuild a club brick by brick from the ground up. They didn’t have an unusable training ground, a different unsafe one, an unsafe stadium with some areas condemned, absolutely zero income streams other than match day ticket sales and merch in the club shop, a long list of creditors to be paid off…. I could go on.

Those things need fixing before we even get to a level playing field with Barnet and FGR.

Their moneybags owners are just an additional bonus on top - over and above the level playing field.

Understand that Forest Green are set to announce the signing of a striker from the EFL later on today, who they have spent a decent chunk on. This by absolutely no means means Cardwell is safe but can only be seen as a positive
Quigly from Chesterfield

Absolutely this.

FGR and Barnet don’t have to rebuild a club brick by brick from the ground up. They didn’t have an unusable training ground, a different unsafe one, an unsafe stadium with some areas condemned, absolutely zero income streams other than match day ticket sales and merch in the club shop, a long list of creditors to be paid off…. I could go on.

Those things need fixing before we even get to a level playing field with Barnet and FGR.

Their moneybags owners are just an additional bonus on top - over and above the level playing field.
Spot on.
We're not on a level playing field, we're in the **** due to Ron

I hope they both are to give us a fighting chance at getting out of this league next year.
I thought, with Wrexham, Notts County and Chesterfield all gone, it was going to be an easier league this season? Maybe the painful truth is, that there are always going to be one or two clubs prepared to pay silly money in an effort to gain promotion.

Absolutely this.

Also FGR and Barnet don’t have to rebuild a club brick by brick from the ground up. They didn’t have an unusable training ground, a different unsafe one, an unsafe stadium with some areas condemned, absolutely zero income streams other than match day ticket sales and merch in the club shop, a long list of creditors to be paid off…. I could go on.

Agree with everything you said SS but what worry’s me and I would imagine many others is while we are trying to get on a level par with the mighty FGR and Barnet will the patience of walk in fans which have boosted our attendances run out watching our star players being tempted away and dare I say it not challenging for at least the play-offs, we could end up back down to 5,000 crowds very quickly which ain’t good, please don’t take this as a rant, just a concern.UTB

Back