• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Cardwell

We all said that four strikers of Cardwell, Walker, Tshimanga and Waldron would give us a chance to challenge.

Having Cardwell, Doidge and Quigley takes them to the title. Especially when they have Innis and Tozer at the back too.
As well as Adam May who should be running games at this level and Liam Sercombe, who while old is properly talented.

I am not being OTT I am entitled to my opinion and simply stated that the harsh reality of where we are at has only just hit me. I maybe should pay more attention to other NL league teams but I am really only interested in us so in my ignorance I didn't realise a few weeks ago that we would be selling players to promotion rivals, 1st or 2nd division yes but I honestly didn't see other NL teams stripping our best assets 🤦🏼‍♂️

If Barnet and FGR are at the top fighting for promotion as everyone expects and they subsequently go in to the football league then of course they are bigger than us other than they might add a couple of hundred on their meagre attendances.
Who said you weren't entitled to your opinion??

You're entitled to your opinion and other people are entitled to disagree. That's how conversation works.

You're being massively OTT.

Agree with everything you said SS but what worry’s me and I would imagine many others is while we are trying to get on a level par with the mighty FGR and Barnet will the patience of walk in fans which have boosted our attendances run out watching our star players being tempted away and dare I say it not challenging for at least the play-offs, we could end up back down to 5,000 crowds very quickly which ain’t good, please don’t take this as a rant, just a concern.UTB
Yeah agreed that is a worry. However some decent, regular comms on the OS - setting out briefly all the various things needing to be done, priorities, progress that sort of thing - would help no end in managing expectations and keeping the fanbase on side.

Agree with everything you said SS but what worry’s me and I would imagine many others is while we are trying to get on a level par with the mighty FGR and Barnet will the patience of walk in fans which have boosted our attendances run out watching our star players being tempted away and dare I say it not challenging for at least the play-offs, we could end up back down to 5,000 crowds very quickly which ain’t good, please don’t take this as a rant, just a concern.UTB
At least we'll get a beer at half-time again... 🪖

Hard not to be a bit concerned that its all falling apart. What is gsms buyout clause? He has to be on the radar of many clubs.

OK if One Man & His Dog United, from the Northern Far Away League, had a multi millionaire owner who was paying say an average £5000 a week wages to players and we had players leave us to join them is that our fault, or a dark day for our Club? Might sound simplistic but you can only control what you have the power to control.
Let's not forget a player may well choose a Club based on geographical reasons, especially with season long loans, if your a Manchester lad and you have a choice between us and Altrincham well their choice may as hard as it seems to some not be us.
Also if you're trying to bring in players on a sustainable budget and looking to improve quality with realistic targets but it takes a little longer to achieve is it better to suffer some short term heartache than long term regret? I honestly despair at the lack of reality shown on here at times by some but never surprised.

Unfortunately, it just becomes impossible when clubs like that who have the backing to be able to throw silly money at players. I wouldn't hold it against him, if another company offered to massively increase my wage I would be off.

The money even in this league is just becoming stupid.
Yes but if we want to get promoted we are going to have to compete with them!

OK if One Man & His Dog United, from the Northern Far Away League, had a multi millionaire owner who was paying say an average £5000 a week wages to players and we had players leave us to join them is that our fault, or a dark day for our Club? Might sound simplistic but you can only control what you have the power to control.
Let's not forget a player may well choose a Club based on geographical reasons, especially with season long loans, if your a Manchester lad and you have a choice between us and Altrincham well their choice may as hard as it seems to some not be us.
Also if you're trying to bring in players on a sustainable budget and looking to improve quality with realistic targets but it takes a little longer to achieve is it better to suffer some short term heartache than long term regret? I honestly despair at the lack of reality shown on here at times by some but never surprised.
Well done a sensible and well thought out post at last. Quite frankly I am getting fed up with all the doom and gloom.

When you look at this in the bigger picture, its disappointing to be losing Cards, but I would wish him all the best of luck for his move. He has done well for us, and in many ways he has earned the move (and the extra money!). FGR have a large budget and they have thrown out a huge statement of intent, but there are no guarentees that this role of the dice will get them promotion, but it is more likely with Quigley up there as well.

Losing any of our first team players is a huge loss, because there are so few of them and the squad is still living the legacy from the Ron days! It would have been much worse, ie last season whilst under embargo! That would have been a much bigger blow. Now though, even though it might take some time, it can and will get sorted. The EFL transfer window closes imminently, which will help us, and we have both Walker and Waldron to come back from injury. It may also be the opportunity to get Wood some game time as well in the short term.

Its much more annoying that Kensdale seems to have done something really stupid, as that is a waste from the club's perspective as it may mean he is also unsellable, depending on the issue.

We cannot compete financially yet, and I am glad that COSU seems to be holding a line on this as well. The silver lining for me is that we do have a much better set of custodians than we have had in at least 40 years, so any money coming in from the sale, whilst disappointingly low, will not be used on a down payment for a new bentley or helicopter hire to go off on a jaunt to impress the country club friends! We ended up with a sell on clause that low because we dont have a pot to pee in at the moment, as a rsult of the 25 year asset stripping spree, and what monies we do have coming in have to be spread very thinly to sort out the utter shambles left by the previous ownership. This takes time, commitment, and I get a sense that things will get a little worse in the short term whilst COSU are working on making the club more sustainable.
spot on

Back