• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
us and them.

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?
Put them up against the wall.
There's one in the spotlight he don't look right to me
Put him up against the wall.

And that one looks jewish and that ones a ****
Who let all of this riff raff into the room.
There's one smoking a joint and another with spots
If I had my way
I'd have all of you shot.

The future is here folks.

:off topic: I know but it's the correct band but incorrect tune.

I happen to think that all workers in the EU, (including those in the UK), are better off because of existing EU Labour laws and social legislation.

The EU nationals abroad issue will only begin to be settled, once the UK has formally applied to leave the EU and not before.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/14/shameful-betrayal-brexit-low-paid-eu

Indeed.
However there was an opportunity to settle this early....the EU has chosen not to negotiate prior the trigger of article 50,

Which is fine but will mean uncertainty for those affected....no doubt you will posting a link soon condemning the EU.

Indeed.
However there was an opportunity to settle this early....the EU has chosen not to negotiate prior the trigger of article 50,

Which is fine but will mean uncertainty for those affected....no doubt you will posting a link soon condemning the EU.

We're responsible for triggering Article 50 not the EU.8 months and counting...

We're responsible for triggering Article 50 not the EU.8 months and counting...

And the EU knew that we wouldn't be doing so till end of March....if it's ok for the EU not to give assurances to those affected...why can't you apply the same to the UK.

Why wouldn't the EU at least on this be less dogmatic....and try and help its citizens....after all the Uk did want to settle this.

And the EU knew that we wouldn't be doing so till end of March....if it's ok for the EU not to give assurances to those affected...why can't you apply the same to the UK.

Why wouldn't the EU at least on this be less dogmatic
....and try and help its citizens....after all the Uk did want to settle this.

It's my opinion that this period before article 50 is finally triggered will eventually become known as the "phoney war" (as of course was the period between Munich and the declaration of WW2).

The UK will be dealing with 27 other member states in the eventual negotiations-some of them may not be prepared to toe the EU line.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-to-backlash-against-britons-living-in-the-eu

Not looking good for EU nationals in the UK.

What was that phrase again? "bargaining chips." :angry:

I think the preferred phrase is Traitors.

Perhaps you'd care to explain why you think that EU nationals working in the UK (and presumably UK citizens working elsewhere in the EU) are "traitors" ?

Bump.

Not thought of an answer yet Rigsby? :winking: You're not usually shy about giving us the benefit of your opinions.

"Cat got your tongue? Come out,come out, wherever you are,kitty"

Holly Martins.The Third Man.

Bump.

Not thought of an answer yet Rigsby? :winking: You're not usually shy about giving us the benefit of your opinions.

"Cat got your tongue? Come out,come out, wherever you are,kitty"

Holly Martins.The Third Man.

I'm still waiting for your explanation on how you ended working for people who stole babies and why the Spanish still cover up the facts.

Would have thought someone who spends his life telling the world how he is so much more morally superior than the rest of us would being doing all he could about one of the worlds worst peace time scandals in our time. One that happened in his own country and one were he may have even helped fund.

It's my opinion that this period before article 50 is finally triggered will eventually become known as the "phoney war" (as of course was the period between Munich and the declaration of WW2).

The UK will be dealing with 27 other member states in the eventual negotiations-some of them may not be prepared to toe the EU line.

I think comparing the EU with Nazi Germany is perhaps a little over the top, but very Boris Johnson of you :smile:

I'm still waiting for your explanation on how you ended working for people who stole babies and why the Spanish still cover up the facts.

Would have thought someone who spends his life telling the world how he is so much more morally superior than the rest of us would being doing all he could about one of the worlds worst peace time scandals in our time. One that happened in his own country and one were he may have even helped fund.

Perhaps you can provide some sort of link to this scandal? Asked an Irish guy I work with about it -and he'd never heard of it either.

Which of course it was not. The "phoney war" was the period between the declaration of war and the German invasion of France in May 1940.

Remind us all of your history qualifications again.

Perhaps you can provide some sort of link to this scandal? Asked an Irish guy I work with about it -and he'd never heard of it either.

Nice to see you have fully embraced the Spanish culture towards their Catholic church. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

Google "stolen Spanish babies" the first page will probably tell you all you never knew. I believe the BBC done a documentary a few years back, probably on YouTube.

Which of course it was not. The "phoney war" was the period between the declaration of war and the German invasion of France in May 1940.

Remind us all of your history qualifications again.

"A" Level History. "O" levels in History and Social and Economic History.BA(Hons) Politics.Birmingham Polytechic.CNNA.1974 (including a course in 20th C British Political History & Economics):raspberry:

I'm quite happy to be corrected.

Nice to see you have fully embraced the Spanish culture towards their Catholic church. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

Google "stolen Spanish babies" the first page will probably tell you all you never knew. I believe the BBC done a documentary a few years back, probably on YouTube.

Perhaps you could explain what possible relevance this might have to the Brexit debate? Thought not.:smiles:

Btw,can't access Google atm.

Last edited:
"A" Level History. "O" levels in History and Social and Economic History.:raspberry:

I'm quite happy to be corrected.

Perhaps you could explain what possible relevance this might have to the Brexit debate? Thought not.:smiles:

Btw,can't access Google atm.

Spain were a member state while the babies were being stolen. What have the people in Brussells done to help the victims because you Spanish have your church blinkers on. Or is this to big a scandal for justice.

Talking of 1940 comparisons......Once again us British do the right thing to save the whole of Europe. We may have to pay a price and be on our own for a while but will soon be greatly helped by the US. The result will of course be good for everyone long term, it always has been.

Spain were a member state while the babies were being stolen. What have the people in Brussells done to help the victims because you Spanish have your church blinkers on. Or is this to big a scandal for justice.

Managed to find A Daily Fail google link for it.

BTW,something similar happened to the children of "los disparedos" (the disappeared) in Argentina after the coup there.Still has no relevance to Brexit.

Talking of 1940 comparisons......Once again us British do the right thing to save the whole of Europe. We may have to pay a price and be on our own for a while but will soon be greatly helped by the US. The result will of course be good for everyone long term, it always has been

I'd read more about contemporary politics and less about WW2,if I were you.:winking:

Sorry but I can't share your optimism about the UK's post-Brexit future,whether short-term or long -term.

Back