• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
As you're no doubt aware,the UK currently takes in more skilled labour from outside the EU than inside.

Interestingly, (and anecdotal I know) but I'm currently teaching a Health Lecturer at the UIC here.She tells me that her nursing students and doctors (with good English skills like her) are currently looking for jobs in Australia,Canada etc rather than the UK because wages there are low in comparison.

So that trend looks likely to continue.

The UK's problem is the very expensive cost of housing,not the low paid roles.

Remember we are constantly informed...we stop immigrants and the NHS would collapse through lack of staff.

Like the USA with a TTIP deal...........(BEWARE THE TROJAN HORSE!)............With that, you'll soon find that efforts to 'get you country back' would end up in courts, being sued by multinationals and with the great likelihood of losing.

Use the Australian points system which would end the invasion of unskilled labour coming to the UK.

Example.

What are your key skills.

Applicant.

I can wash dishes...pick fruit and veg...and extremely good at mopping......ACCESS DENIED !

Use the Australian points system which would end the invasion of unskilled labour coming to the UK.

Example.

Applicant.

I can wash dishes...pick fruit and veg...and extremely good at mopping......ACCESS DENIED !

Sorry, don't understand? the response doesn't address the point I was making about the possible downsides of new trade agreements, especially those with the USA.

Sorry, don't understand? the response doesn't address the point I was making about the possible downsides of new trade agreements, especially those with the USA.

Typical Brexiter, blaming immigrants for everything.

I'm praying for Scottish independence, as being married to one, I'm going to try for citizenship as I will get the myriad of benefits that belonging to the EU gave us.

When the UK exits from the EU madhouse....we can trade with the likes of India...Oz...USA...to name just 3....these deals will be on our terms without meddling from the EU.....plus we instantly save 12/15 billion from not giving the EU subsidy .

We can close our borders and only invite those who would enhance the UK....highly skilled people in other words.

Would be handy to bugger off Scotland thus saving another 10 billion ,but that's another story.
India has said that a trade deal would need to be tied in with freedom of movement....

India has said that a trade deal would need to be tied in with freedom of movement....

I think it's quite shocking that Indian doctors,skilled nurses,engineers and so on cannot under current rules come to the UK and live here legally.

I'm all for skilled people coming here and doing their job they have trained for...more tax revenue with less benefit pay out.

win win.

I'm praying for Scottish independence, as being married to one, I'm going to try for citizenship as I will get the myriad of benefits that belonging to the EU gave us.

Bet you eat haggis...good luck up there....About time us English stopped giving them subsidy to the tune of 15 billion English pounds....I mean just think of the new hospitals and staff that money could pay for.

I think it's quite shocking that Indian doctors,skilled nurses,engineers and so on cannot under current rules come to the UK and live here legally.

I'm all for skilled people coming here and doing their job they have trained for...more tax revenue with less benefit pay out.

win win.
That is not what freedom of movement means. As it stands the offer on the table is that we stop our trade deal and freedom of movement with Europe and replace it with one with India.

I still benefit from the EU. Thanks to uncontrolled migration I was able to put the rent up by 9% on a property only yesterday.

I still benefit from the EU. Thanks to uncontrolled migration I was able to put the rent up by 9% on a property only yesterday.
more migration came from countries further away than from the EU so if you are putting the reason for rent increases on to immigration the EU is not the main source. Our controlled immigration is more than our uncontrolled immigration.

Example.

Applicant.

The Tories have already ruled out using this UKIP idea.

Labour don't want to know about quotas either.

So May has to go to the House of Commons to trigger Article 50. This will dragggggggggggg this out for an age....but least if we have to come out it'll can be done correctly and benefit all of us rather than those who want to slit their own throat to spite their face.

I would love to employ decent cleaners who don't moan all the time,are reliable etc. Access granted!

Our cleaner is Polish. She's excellent, reliable and a really nice person too. The one before that was from the Philippines. She was also fantastic. The one two before her was Russian, and was so good she left to become someone else's housekeeper. The only one that has been rubbish (between the Russian and the Filipino), and that we sacked was British. She was unreliable, didn't clean particularly well, and was rude to us.

Our cleaner is Polish. She's excellent, reliable and a really nice person too. The one before that was from the Philippines. She was also fantastic. The one two before her was Russian, and was so good she left to become someone else's housekeeper. The only one that has been rubbish (between the Russian and the Filipino), and that we sacked was British. She was unreliable, didn't clean particularly well, and was rude to us.

Mrs LondonBlue?

You seem to get through a lot of cleaners :hilarious:

Mrs LondonBlue?

She's been with me for nearly 12 years now. No complaints so far :winking:

As for the cleaners. The Russian left because she became a housekeeper. The Filipino left because her student visa ran out when she finished studying. The Brit was **** and was sacked. Gosia has been with us for about 5 years.

Last edited:
So May has to go to the House of Commons to trigger Article 50. This will dragggggggggggg this out for an age....but least if we have to come out it'll can be done correctly and benefit all of us rather than those who want to slit their own throat to spite their face.

I don't think it will prolong anything by much. The government will walk through parliament and the only sticking point I can see ahead is around a 100 unelected LibDem lords trying to derail the whole thing. They are irrelevant and Tim Farron is a wet lettice who no one pays any attention to.

Ron......is that you Ron?!

Back