• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
The EU will of course have collapsed by then.

Be interesting to see if you stay in Spain and take the pain. Or suddenly start to miss the best country in the world and come back with your tail between your legs and admit that us Brexiters were right all along :winking:

Honestly, the way the world is going at the moment, I reckon Mars may be a better option.

Yes I'm in for a tenner.

How typical of the Guardian. Selfish ex-pats who left Britain behind now moaning because they can't vote. Well hard luck you made your choice and stuck to fingers up to the rest of us who have to work ever harder to pay your pensions and to prop up countries like Spain so that you don't have to.

Me, I cashed in 25% of my pension so that I could start a business here in Southend which now employs local people. That's why I get a say in Britain's future and you lot don't. My friends parents cashed in their house and blew all their money in the sunshine. When his dad died, the mum returned and is now living in a flat in Eastwood on benefits. We (not you) will pay even more for her when she goes in a home.

That's one costly scam that we could stop after Brexit.

newtvtour.jpg

Yes I'm in for a tenner.

How typical of the Guardian. Selfish ex-pats who left Britain behind now moaning because they can't vote. Well hard luck you made your choice and stuck to fingers up to the rest of us who have to work ever harder to pay your pensions and to prop up countries like Spain so that you don't have to.

Me, I cashed in 25% of my pension so that I could start a business here in Southend which now employs local people. That's why I get a say in Britain's future and you lot don't. My friends parents cashed in their house and blew all their money in the sunshine. When his dad died, the mum returned and is now living in a flat in Eastwood on benefits. We (not you) will pay even more for her when she goes in a home.

That's one costly scam that we could stop after Brexit.

You're on for the bet.

Interestingly,I read in last month's Connection (a newspaper for expats in France), that the Tory government intends to honour its 2015 election pledge to abolish the current 15 year rule for expats before the end of this parliamentary term, (too late for the estimated 1.5 million Brits living in other EU countries to vote in the referendum of course).

As for pensions,I'm due to receive a state one from Spain next April and already receive a small private pension from France.

GB inform me that I'm no longer eligible for a UK pension after changes in the law that took place last April.

I've been informed by a Spanish accountant,a judge and a Scottish Senior Law Lecturer that this can be contested ,which I fully intend to do.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38324146

Looks like Brexit might now take 10 years to negotiate.

Great suits me fine.:thumbsup:

So you're in favour of Brexit after all, just not a fast one. Cool, glad we've cleared that up. :thumbsup:

Two years, five years, tens years. No one is certain as to the real time frame of Brexit. What is certain however is that in the end we WILL be shot of the whole undemocratic and corrupt system that is the EU :thumbsup:

So this morning the news is full of two stories concerning Brexit.

The first being that it's going to cost the UK £50 billion in charges to leave the EU. Considering how much we won't be paying in month on month it's a small price to pay long term. The second being that the 27 other members of the EU met for dinner to discuss Brexit and Teresa May wasn't invited. Who cares? They met for 30 minutes. Yes, just 30 minutes. Hardly enough time to say hello to one another let alone conduct talks on such a complicated matter. It's the EU playing the playground bully and the UK media bought it hook line and sinker :hilarious:

I just thought I'd get this in first before someone posted a Guardian link about it :smile:

So this morning the news is full of two stories concerning Brexit.

The first being that it's going to cost the UK £50 billion in charges to leave the EU. Considering how much we won't be paying in month on month it's a small price to pay long term.

Still more than 142 years worth of additional funding for the NHS though, isn't it?

Still, a damn site less than the £124 billion the bank bail out has cost us since 2009 but wait, hold the front door! We got through that and Armageddon didn't materialize so I would hazard a guess we might just get through this.

Or to put it another way. 352 years of additional funding for the NHS. Don't remember everyone getting all indignant about that back in the day. Still, makes a good sound bite don't you think.

Still, a damn site less than the £124 billion the bank bail out has cost us since 2009 but wait, hold the front door! We got through that and Armageddon didn't materialize so I would hazard a guess we might just get through this.

Very true

As far as I'm aware not one single banker has been jailed for the mammoth fraud.

britjusticeatitsbest

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38336977

This morning's BBC news.

I see Mrs May wants an early deal for those GB citizens living in the UK.Good.There should also be a similar deal for the estimated 2.3 million European citizens living in the UK.

Let me stress I don't have a dog in this fight,as someone who's lived in Spain for more than ten years now, I'd be fully entitled to apply for (and almost certainly get) Spanish nationality.

Last edited:

Or to put it another way. 352 years of additional funding for the NHS. Don't remember everyone getting all indignant about that back in the day. Still, makes a good sound bite don't you think.

Don't forget that money will eventually be clawed back when the shares the government bought are sold, which has already started. It was an investment, and might actually make money in the long run.

Don't forget that money will eventually be clawed back when the shares the government bought are sold, which has already started. It was an investment, and might actually make money in the long run.

Even if it doesn't, it was the right thing to do at the time.Though some of the bankers concerned should have been jailed.

True, as of last year the Government had recouped just £22 billion of the estimated £124 billion 'invested' in RBS and Lloyds. Of course that's just a small part of the total £850 billion spent in guarantees and finance deals according to The National Audit Office.

Back