• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rick Wakeman still with them? (Used to be a huge Strawbs fan back in the day).
"In April 2002, Wakeman rejoined Yes for the fifth and final time, and said it took eight months to get the necessary paperwork to make it happen.[138][140] The band toured worldwide with the Full Circle Tour and 35th Anniversary Tours, which ran from 2002 to 2004. Wakeman described the band's playing during his return: "It was far and away the best the band had ever been ... there was no staleness, there was a lot of freshness."[144] The only new studio material worked on during this time were bonus tracks on The Ultimate Yes: 35th Anniversary Collection. After the 2004 tour Yes entered a four-year hiatus, during which Wakeman retired from large scale tours following ongoing health problems.[145] When the band regrouped in 2008, Wakeman's son Oliver replaced him on keyboards."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Wakeman

Rick Wakeman still with them? (Used to be a huge Strawbs fan back in the day).
No, Geoff Downes is on keyboard duties. I did see Wakeman as a solo artist at the Cliffs in the 80s and as part of the group billed as Yes featuring Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman at the Manchester Apollo a few years ago (below).

arw06.jpg

Last edited:
Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets - O2 Apollo, Manchester

Sadly, Nick Mason and his Saucerful of Secrets band did not actually play on my birthday as King Crimson and the Moody Blues have done in the past, but it was worth the extra day wait.

I saw him a couple of years ago and I am pleased to say they were even better this time.

The set has changed since the last tour and adding the Saucerful of Secrets track to the encore was a very good move. But I would like them to drop the song Fearless. I have never really liked it, and of course it didn't go well in Manchester as it contains Liverpool supporters singing You'll Never Walk Alone.

Last edited:
Off to see the Boss tonight at the Olympic stadiiunm (where Espanyol played for 12 years) thought judging by the 58,000 sell out crowd who turned up to him play there the other night he'll gather rather more fans than turn out for Espanyol or Bar$a there :Winking:

Off to see the Boss tonight at the Olympic stadiiunm (where Espanyol played for 12 years) thought judging by the 58,000 sell out crowd who turned up to him play there the other night he'll gather rather more fans than turn out for Espanyol or Bar$a there :Winking:
It was a good concert I'm amazed how Springsteen still does it .He s 2 years older than me `-I know he works out but even so!

Last edited:
Back