• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Saw Jim Lauderdale again in Badalona earlier.Excellent show.I do like a bit of C& W /bluegrass music occasionally. :Clap:

Last edited:
Saw The Searchers at the Palace on Friday.Thought they were excellent.Last time I saw them was back in 1975 with Grumpy Blue (at the Nashville up in town):He didn't fancy it this time around but was there for the Rochdale game). :Smile:

Saw The Searchers at the Palace on Friday.Thought they were excellent.Last time I saw them was back in 1975 with Grumpy Blue (at the Nashville up in town):He didn't fancy it this time around but was the
I believe they still have two originals Frank Alan and Chris McNally , a lot of these touring 60s bands have no original members . There is a 60s night down the Cliffs Pavilion with about six bands and Steve Ellis 'great singer and doing a solo gig down Chinnerys later in the year'. Not one of the 60s bands playing are original players , except Steve .

Last edited:
Saw an interesting Brazilian group Fusion playing a mix of Jazz & Bossa Nova (geddit?)last night.Frankly coulld have done without their version of Bessa me mucho but thought they lived up to their name with an excellent instrumental version of the Beatles Eleanor Rigby.

Saw an excellent Brazilian acoustic jazz group playing "Choro" (crying music) last night at the Caixa Forum in Brazilia.I'm reliably informed that choro-a term which I'd never heard of before- derives from the same roots as Samba but is a forerunner to it.

Last edited:
Saw an excellent modern jazz quartet play last night at the Blue Note in Rio .Never been to the Blue Note in NY but the Rio version has a view of the Copacabana beach to die for, somewhat better than the view of Frith Street from Ronnie Scott's. :Winking:

I might be too mainstream for this thread, but I saw Paloma Faith at the Cliffs last week and she was great. Had a nice meal at Prowse beforehand which as good as well.

Not even vaguely in keeping with 99.9% of this thread, but saw Taylor Swift at the Bernabéu in Madrid last night. Won’t pretend I knew all the songs, but quite the spectacle as a show.

Not even vaguely in keeping with 99.9% of this thread, but saw Taylor Swift at the Bernabéu in Madrid last night. Won’t pretend I knew all the songs, but quite the spectacle as a show.
She certainly looks good! Np idea about how she sings but I sort of imagine her as a modern Madonna (or perhaps I'm just showing my age) :Winking:

Back