• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones

Have a feeling King Dothraki is going to be a changed man after his near death experience.

looked like the Dothrakians were having a great old lads holiday as they conquered their way through everything but they made the schoolboy error taking a bird along with them, then she put a stop to the raping and pillaging.

Great first series and bought the books now. Bit surprised to read that most of the characters are 13 years old, including the blond dragon girl.

I read this on Wikipedia also, despite all the twisted sex scenes on the show they probably thought the great Dothraki warrior giving his 13 year old wife a good seeing too would be a step too far and recast the role with an actress that was over the age of consent.

I was shocked to find out I had been watching and enjoying a show with Jerome Flynn in it, part of me felt dirty.

I was shocked to find out I had been watching and enjoying a show with Jerome Flynn in it, part of me felt dirty.

I know what you mean, but I really liked his character. It took me ages to twig who the actor was.

Clocked him from the off. Thank god true blood has just started again and im going to give falling skies a go as i try to fill my game of thrones void.

Wasn't a big Soldier Soldier fan :winking: To completely digress the best bit of graffitti I ever saw was a huge placard of said programme with the title: "A great place for Living"....and some wag had added in great big black paint "abroad."

Considered Carnivale, but it's only two seasons long with makes me think it was cancelled. I'll have a look see at Falling Skies. Sirens last night on C4 made me realise that sometimes we just can't do telly anymore.

Clocked him from the off. Thank god true blood has just started again and im going to give falling skies a go as i try to fill my game of thrones void.

well chuffed that is starting again in the States. Wasted ages watching The Event but as with Flashforward it got canned after Series 1 and left on a cliffhanger.

well chuffed that is starting again in the States. Wasted ages watching The Event but as with Flashforward it got canned after Series 1 and left on a cliffhanger.

Same as sarah connor chronicles . Ended on a killer cliff hanger and was cancelled.

How did DullTon Abbey got more Emmy's than possibly one of the finest pieces of telly ever made? A little to fruity for Americans perhaps?

Each to their own mate. I think FX is re-running The Wire from this week. I'll definitely, definitely give it another shot.

you should mate. watch the first series and then let me know what you think. GOT was alright, but best ever?! no way. Sopranos and West Wing are easily better.

you should mate. watch the first series and then let me know what you think. GOT was alright, but best ever?! no way. Sopranos and West Wing are easily better.

I think they're on to the second series on FX now as I caught a quick five minutes the other day and Brother Mouzone was on.

Re GOT, I thought the first series was superb, really great stuff. However, that's just one series, compared to sustained brilliance from The Sopranos, The Wire, etc. Three or four more series of GOT like the first one and I think it'll deserve to be mentioned alongside the very best (likewise Boardwalk Empire).

A slow start last night I thought - then definitely ramped it up in the final 20 minutes or so.

Agreed. Mostly about setting the scene for the rest of the season. What with this, Friday Night Lights, Mad Men and Homeland, I'm up to my eyeballs in quality tv drama at the moment. All good.

Back