• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clearly people are going to beat Ron Martin with one stick or other. In this thread we've got people complaining that Ron Martin has spent too much to conclude deals for players that Tilly wanted and others complaining that Ron Martin hasn't done what was necessary to conclude other deals that Tilly wanted. In some cases it's the same people arguing both.

That's not quite accurate. You're using your sentence 'Ron Martin hasn't done what was necessary to conclude other deals that Tilly wanted' as a bit of a blanket term there. Martin not doing enough doesn't mean not offering the wages in this case, so it's not like I or anyone else lambast him for offering too much money and then for offering too little. Maybe a bit too general a way of looking at the arguments? The over-arching topic and theme for some of us is over-the-top interference in the work of the management team, interference which has caused SUFC to both miss out on some players, and to acquire other players on over-inflated transfer fees and wage packets.

Yeah but tbh, even still it's nothing to get excited about? We're all blokes here (incl. OBL :)) who have more than likely done/seen worse? Blimey, the way me and my mates talk to each other would be seen as all out row.

I could understand it if Cricks or KS were actually inciting violence, but they're not. Topic's like this are bound to get heated, but i'd have expected grown men to be able to cope with it.

The underlying point that was being made by the original poster (and which was subsequently buried in layers of obfuscation) is that the majority of aggression and abuse has gone from the anti-Ron faction towards those perceived to be in any way off message. And what can't now be produced in evidence (but the Mods will have a fair idea about) is the number of posts deleted because of abuse. The vast majority, if not all, posts deleted for abuse have come from the anti-Ronites.

Yeah but tbh, even still it's nothing to get excited about? We're all blokes here (incl. OBL :)) who have more than likely done/seen worse? Blimey, the way me and my mates talk to each other would be seen as all out row.

I could understand it if Cricks or KS were actually inciting violence, but they're not. Topic's like this are bound to get heated, but i'd have expected grown men to be able to cope with it.

That's all in the eye of the beholder though... Personally, It's not something I'd jump up in arms about (the day I care what someone on an internet message board thinks of me is the day I give up on life) but I can see why someone else would take offence to being spoken to in a rash manner.

I have a bit of craic with mates, but I don't talk to someone in the street or a client at work in the same fashion...

This thread is funny.

Which is a shame, because it started off with a serious discussion about the wider direction of the club; and has somehow (as is often the way) turned into a Tilson v. Sturrock slanging match.

I'd personally like everyone to take a breather, although I'm not about to lock the thread, lest anyone be concerned about that. Not yet, anyway...

The underlying point that was being made by the original poster (and which was subsequently buried in layers of obfuscation) is that the majority of aggression and abuse has gone from the anti-Ron faction towards those perceived to be in any way off message. And what can't now be produced in evidence (but the Mods will have a fair idea about) is the number of posts deleted because of abuse. The vast majority, if not all, posts deleted for abuse have come from the anti-Ronites.

Oh really now?! A crass generalisation if ever I saw one. I've seen a lot of bollocks traded by both sides, over the months. Maybe you can recall when the 1st "Ron out" threads started, the amount of abuse for those people? Better yet, here is one; http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?48774-Martin-Out&highlight=martin

Neither side are absolved, and if anything, the Pro-Ron Mob have been more condescending and patronising,

I'm refering to the glaringly obvious 'Pro-Ron' mob in that thread I dug up. If you glance at it, you won't miss them ;)

Well it was hardly a convincing arguement that the guy was making and he changed his mind a couple of pages in. Seemed a backlash to the home game against Scunthorpe being called off at the last moment.

I'd personally like everyone to take a breather, although I'm not about to lock the thread, lest anyone be concerned about that. Not yet, anyway...

Feel like I'm watching an argument between a bunch of kids and as such think a few heads want banging together! Goodness me, "he said this" and "he said that" - grow up, the lot of you (can't believe I've just said that!!! :p)

Well it was hardly a convincing arguement that the guy was making and he changed his mind a couple of pages in. Seemed a backlash to the home game against Scunthorpe being called off at the last moment.

Regardless of what it was over, whether it was a convincing arguement or not, my point is a very valid one in response to what ACU was saying. He was accusing the Anti-Ron Rebels of the usual agression/abuse etc. And i've shown, with proof, that not only is it a two way street, but if anything the condecending and patronising is more evident from the Pro-Ron Brigade.

Now if I was Ace Ventura, I might now say;

"Ooh, ooh, can ya feel it, huh? huh? can ya?". :)

Regardless of what it was over, whether it was a convincing arguement or not, my point is a very valid one in response to what ACU was saying. He was accusing the Anti-Ron Rebels of the usual agression/abuse etc. And i've shown, with proof, that not only is it a two way street, but if anything the condecending and patronising is more evident from the Pro-Ron Brigade.

Now if I was Ace Ventura, I might now say;

"Ooh, ooh, can ya feel it, huh? huh? can ya?". :)

Sorry GBJ, but the original point about aggressive/abusive posting came from me, and in hindsight I was incorrect in stating it was the majority of the anti Ron brigade ( A comment I would now like to withdraw) I still feel there has been the type of posting I described but not by the majority.

Back