• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Be patient ESB, James is going to tell us about all the players Ron didn't sign.

I've had this conversation with people before. If you want to talk in more depth, then PM me. Otherwise, there's no need for the smarmy sarcasm, is there?

Nice to see that this thread can go on the pile of others that have, yet again, descended into mudslinging and abuse between other posters despite starting as pages of well reasoned debate.

This is all getting a bit tiresome, really...

Luckily we have you to guide us through this turmoil and abject time.....

I've had this conversation with people before. If you want to talk in more depth, then PM me. Otherwise, there's no need for the smarmy sarcasm, is there?

If there's information to be shared I'm sure all your fellow Shrimpers would like to hear it! Post it, go on ;)

It's not sarcasm but if you make statements like "If Tilson had pulled off even a third of the transfers which he'd arranged and were just waiting 'final approval', he'd be hailed a messiah" I would hope you can back them up with facts so why not make them public?

It's not sarcasm but if you make statements like "If Tilson had pulled off even a third of the transfers which he'd arranged and were just waiting 'final approval', he'd be hailed a messiah" I would hope you can back them up with facts so why not make them public?

James knows Tilly well.....and with Tilly's huge outstanding wages owed....I doubt he can say much more.

James knows Tilly well.....and with Tilly's huge outstanding wages owed....I doubt he can say much more.

Fair enough but surely with Tilly gone James can let us know a few of the ones we missed out on and also if they were actually affordable.

EastStandBlue said:
Nice to see that this thread can go on the pile of others that have, yet again, descended into mudslinging and abuse between other posters despite starting as pages of well reasoned debate.

This is all getting a bit tiresome, really...

Luckily we have you to guide us through this turmoil and abject time.....

And luckily, in amongst the mudlslinging and abuse, we have the occasional shard of genuine wit and humour. Top notch Mr. C!

Perhaps you could make a list of the anti-Ron protestors and quote the aggressive and abusive language that they have used? Or should those opposed to Ron's tenure accept opinion as fact, whilst some in favour of a status quo deride a poster who used a guess (by his own admission, too)?

Very similar to the protest at the ground last week. On here was word of warning about a baying mob, of gobby oiks. The reality was the police and stewards praising those who turned up, with one quote of "I admire what you're doing", and the only incident of abuse was it being directed at them.

It is too far down the line now. People have had their say, and will continue to have their say, whether pro Ron, anti, in the middle, or past caring. Some will be more forceful than others - from all opinions, not just one view. A cursory glance at the Derby protest thread will confirm that, or perhaps the one where a poster rather ill-advisedly started a thread claiming that people who were anti-Ron didn't have the club's interests at heart (although it came over more to me as 'those who didn't agree with what I say shouldn't be allowed to say anything').

Posts 85 and 172 on this thread for starters. May I suggest that you have not wanted to notice any , then

You may suggest it but you would be wrong. My response was to someone who asserted that the majority of anti-Ron rhetoric is aggressive or abusive. Out of all of the posts opposing the current board's running of the club on this thread you have come to the princely sum of 2.

I await with something nowhere near approaching interest any further research on the subject.

And Ron backed his judgement.

Interesting point. Fair play to Ron for backing Tilson. However, on the whole point of transfer fees, i'd like to remind everyone of a very interesting point. We know that Tilly valued Theo Robinson at £75k, but Ron decided to double that price. So, how many other transfers have there been where Tilly has said X amount, and Ron has gone over the top of Tilly's estimations?

Tilson would still have had an input, and it was his suggestions that Revell was a goal scorer worthy of paying good money for. RM wouldnt have known what to negotiate without recommendations from the manager surely...

Tilson identified the players he wanted money spent on and Ron Martin backed him, as he should have.

I refer you to my above post

Clearly people are going to beat Ron Martin with one stick or other. In this thread we've got people complaining that Ron Martin has spent too much to conclude deals for players that Tilly wanted and others complaining that Ron Martin hasn't done what was necessary to conclude other deals that Tilly wanted. In some cases it's the same people arguing both.

Abusive probably isn't the right word, more aggressive.

Yeah but tbh, even still it's nothing to get excited about? We're all blokes here (incl. OBL :)) who have more than likely done/seen worse? Blimey, the way me and my mates talk to each other would be seen as all out row.

I could understand it if Cricks or KS were actually inciting violence, but they're not. Topic's like this are bound to get heated, but i'd have expected grown men to be able to cope with it.

Clearly people are going to beat Ron Martin with one stick or other.

Form an orderly queue.
My choice would be the aluminium baseball bats that were used in 1983 to give Kevin Keegan a doing and sold on eBay a few weeks back *

* - this is entirely fiction and so immune from any legal recourse

Back