• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went up there yesterday, was a good day's cricket and we are in a good position. Going back today but will be missing most of, if not, all the first session so fingers crossed we will still be going along nicely.

Might get the chance if promoted, think Dan Lawrence could be a good call if go up
Cook must be keeping a close eye on him

Bopara gone for 99. Don't you just hate that when it happens :sad:

Essex 367-3

Update: Lawrence gone for 1 run. I hope this isn't a collapse. Now 368-4

411-4, so maximum bonus points.

Plenty of time left in the game, so with decent weather forecast for tomorrow, we should be able to wrap up the win.

499-4.

Reminds me of a great day at Chalkwell Park in 1976 when we thrashed Worcestershire around the park then, for the same score! :thumbsup::cool:

512-4 at the close.

401-3 in the day!

Who had Tom Westley with 238* in the sweepstake? :Worthy:

End of Play. 512-4. Leading by 282 runs. Westley on 238. Maximum batting and bowling points.

Whats not to like!! :thumbsup:

Hard to work out whether the first or second day was better for us.

These are the type of performances we've wanted to see for years.

Agreed, for about a decade to be fair.

Anyway, right chaps..... what do you think our battle plan should be tomorrow?... I hear rain is forecast for tomorrow from 3pm onward's until close of play, and from 4pm on Saturday until the end of play.

So with that in mind......

A: Continue to bat through regardless until we are all out?
B: Bat until lunch regardless of the score, then declare?
C: Bat until tea regardless of the score, then declare?
D: Bat for another 68 runs, to give us a 350 lead, then declare?
E: Bat until we reach 600 (another 88 runs needed, giving us a 370 lead) then declare?
F: Or something else?

I think I heard on BBC Essex radio that Ryan is about 15 runs short of his first 1000 runs in a season? (I could be wrong, but i'm sure he will want to achieve that milestone in front of a home crowd). If that is the case, i don't see the captain declaring anytime before that.

As for my own options right now, depending on how quick we get the runs tomorrow morning, i would pick options B or E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back