• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4 day game is so much better this year, we actually deserve to go up. Most of our drawn games we have been on top, we are best team and that is why we are top

141-8 now :thumbsup:

C'mon Essex, time to finish them off quickly now, and they can beat the rush hour commute :smile:

100% from my memory of the games we have drawn we would of won most of it wasn't for the weather

I think there was only one game we'd have definitely won. Think it was Derbyshire when we had them 5 down in their second innings and they still hadn't overtaken our first innings score.

The other three(?) were very much up in the air, especially as we've collapsed to defeat having gone in with a first innings lead twice this year.

great win, great turn around from 68-5.
that is a superb win and I really believe now.

I'm now trying to find someone to join me at one of the remaining home games as i should be able to get a day off work to go. i might look at going Canterbury for the last one too maybe

Yeah, i was listening to both of those, not the out come in the end that would have favoured Essex, but 2 cracking games though none the less.

Getting a little bit tighter again after those wins today.

Next up we play Worcester, while Sussex play Kent, which puts pressure on us if Worcester beat us and assuming there is a result in the other match of some sort.

That final game at Canterbury could be crucial and the week before, Sussex play Worcester.

Exciting times! :thumbsup:

Completely.

I will be keeping a close eye on that Kent V Sussex game. (praying for a draw or a tie)

Looking at the current table, and assuming Sussex win their game in hand (if it was played today) they are our next nearest threat, assuming they won it by the maximum of 24 points, our deficit lead would be cut from it's current 24 points down to 19 points.

Anyway it's all "if's but's and maybe's", but I do think it will come down to the Kent game on the final day.

Nervous times! :thumbsup:

Big announcement at 1pm according to Facebook. Anyone have any guesses?

Overseas player for the rest of the season or a new signing for next season?

Someone told me Wheater was going to rejoin, although that seems unlikely as he wanted to keep. With Ryder gone I think a new overseas to see us over the line may be on the cards.

Overseas player for the rest of the season or a new signing for next season?

Someone told me Wheater was going to rejoin, although that seems unlikely as he wanted to keep. With Ryder gone I think a new overseas to see us over the line may be on the cards.

Great stuff Yorkshire, your guy was spot on Wheater back for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back