• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo today

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,08:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Dec. 08 2005,18:49)]Agogo would show himself up as a player interested in money rather than ambition if he signs for Rovers, they're not going anywhere this season...

We don't need that kind of player.
Sorry, but i am amazed by this post.
If a player does not re-sign for us he is called a judas, money grabber etc etc. If Agogo re-signs for The Gas with an improved contract he is accused of being greedy and lacking ambition. What if he is happy and settled.

As supporters we can't have it all ways.
I do believe you're asking a Southend supporter to be balanced and objective... I mean, come on... like that's ever gonna happen...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Dec. 09 2005,09:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,08:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Dec. 08 2005,22:25)]so that would bring into the equation stewart and bridges?? we have absolutely no chance of affording there wages and they arnt exactly 'banging' the goals in!
Injury prone Bridges is on loan at Carlisle. Bit nearer his North Eastern roots.
what a great player he could have been but for those injuries. Anyone remember him coming on as sub for Sunderland in the fog and scoring. I think he was about 17.
The thing I remember about it most is that the Sunderland fans didn't even realise they'd scored until pretty much when we kicked off after Bridges goal, such was the visibility that night (should've been abandoned IMHO).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 09 2005,09:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,08:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Dec. 08 2005,18:49)]Agogo would show himself up as a player interested in money rather than ambition if he signs for Rovers, they're not going anywhere this season...

We don't need that kind of player.
Sorry, but i am amazed by this post.
If a player does not re-sign for us he is called a judas, money grabber etc etc. If Agogo re-signs for The Gas with an improved contract he is accused of being greedy and lacking ambition. What if he is happy and settled.

As supporters we can't have it all ways.
I do believe you're asking a Southend supporter to be balanced and objective...  I mean, come on... like that's ever gonna happen...

tounge.gif
True, I have been checking for a large star in the east.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Dec. 09 2005,10:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Dec. 09 2005,09:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,08:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Dec. 08 2005,22:25)]so that would bring into the equation stewart and bridges?? we have absolutely no chance of affording there wages and they arnt exactly 'banging' the goals in!
Injury prone Bridges is on loan at Carlisle. Bit nearer his North Eastern roots.
what a great player he could have been but for those injuries. Anyone remember him coming on as sub for Sunderland in the fog and scoring. I think he was about 17.
The thing I remember about it most is that the Sunderland fans didn't even realise they'd scored until pretty much when we kicked off after Bridges goal, such was the visibility that night (should've been abandoned IMHO).
And it was never a penalty. The whistle blew for the spot kick (Bodley got the ball !) and then the ref appeared from the gloom. Being front row SU I was about as near as anyone to the incident and I couldn't see the ref so how he saw anthing is beyond me.....

To be perfectly honest I was in the West and could see fcuk-all!!! I didn't even realise he'd GIVEN the penalty the fog was so bad!!

On Bridges goal all I saw was a striped shirt and a blue shirt disappearing into the mist with Roycey advancing to the edge of the box and the next thing I saw was the ball trickling towards the line - nothing else! The Sunderland fans only realised they'd scored when the PA Announcer did his "Goalscorer for Sunderland no.14 Michael Bridges" bit, though quite how he managed to see it was definitely Bridges goal I'll never know
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Dec. 08 2005,22:04)]And if it's Jevons, I'll kill Myself...... Slightly after killing him. Cheating *******.
And I'd be closely following you. Jevons is an over-hyped cheat of very limited footballing ability.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Dec. 08 2005,13:45)]One of my mates is a Col U fan and he constantly goes on about the greatness of their squad, how much better they are than us, how we need to sort things out quickly blah, blah, blah.  Reckons Cureton is brilliant and important part of their success.  On that basis alone (in a Kevin Keegan style way) I would love it if we signed Jamie Cureton!!
You talk to a Col******r fan?!?!?!

WHY!!!

Prolly cos he's lucky enough to have other things going on in his life than football, just a thought.

God I hope you don't sign Cureton - we shall have to wait and see...

Stewart/Brooker aren't banging 'em in and are out of our wage range anyway I would think, in Brooker's case City would look for a sizeable fee in any case.

It's Fallon or Cureton and thats a shoe-in - and I hear Fallon is close to agreeing a new long-term contract at the Robins so.....
wink.gif

Personally I'd much prefer Cureton over Fallon. Basically because I still feel we just don't need a 'big man' up front. I thought at the time that Cureton was a very shrewd signing by Parkinson.

They didn't do it so much at the start but for a while now the team seems to think "when in doubt launch it towards Goater". It was noticeable on Tuesday that when Goater was on the defence were chipping it forwards in his direction, but once Gray came on the long balls stopped, with the exception of the through ball. We don't need a target man and we aren't designed for a target man. Freddy certainly doesn't want to spend the game wondering which part of Goater's anatomy the ball will bounce off if he wins it at all.

Oh, and as he's now signed a new deal I'll come out with it. When trying to sign Agogo in the summer the club found out that he was on £5,000 a week. Yes, you read right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Dec. 09 2005,17:15)]Oh, and as he's now signed a new deal I'll come out with it. When trying to sign Agogo in the summer the club found out that he was on £5,000 a week. Yes, you read right.
Is his new deal not supposed to double his money?
How can Rovers afford that?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Dec. 09 2005,17:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Dec. 09 2005,17:15)]Oh, and as he's now signed a new deal I'll come out with it. When trying to sign Agogo in the summer the club found out that he was on £5,000 a week. Yes, you read right.
Is his new deal not supposed to double his money?
How can Rovers afford that?
I believe a good portion of it is being paid by a sponsor.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back