• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo today

Unless Freddy goes, we can't afford Holt. I've been a big advocate of Agogo for a while and I'd love to see him here. Matty Lockwood too.

No chance boys.

The only reason they haven't officially "talked" is because he is still under contract to Swindon and we are not legally allowed to approach him about a permanent deal.

Not officially. ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Dec. 08 2005,15:05)]i do remember are you agreeing he is good?
didn't say that!

laugh.gif

Of course Maher is good. Just a slump thats all.

Now then Eagle on the other hand so be dropped. Spinner is a lot better

Runs to nuclear bunker and locks door.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Dec. 08 2005,14:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Dec. 08 2005,14:55)]Unless Freddy goes, we can't afford Holt.
How about £50k + Kevin Maher? ? ?

Dons tin-hat & waits.........
Watch it, you...

tounge.gif

Rule out Brooker from Bristol City, he on big wages and SUFC cannot afford him, Jevons, Yeovil would want a big fees for him and will fight tooth and nail to keep him. Fallon from Swindon is one I would be pleased for him to sign, a target man and score goals, he is an New Zealand international - doing well for a struggling side & would jump ship if an club in top 6 of League One want him.

Matt Lockwood, an local boy, he would jump at the chance of playing at the highest level with his local club - very good with corner and free kick, would improve our left side.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Dec. 08 2005,16:06)]Rule out Brooker from Bristol City, he on big wages and SUFC cannot afford him, Jevons, Yeovil would want a big fees for him and will fight tooth and nail to keep him.  Fallon from Swindon is one I would be pleased for him to sign, a target man and score goals, he is an New Zealand international - doing well for a struggling side & would jump ship if an club in top 6 of League One want him.

Matt Lockwood, an local boy, he would jump at the chance of playing at the highest level with his local club - very good with corner and free kick, would improve our left side.
better make a move for fallon before we aren't in the top 6 then!

oh yeah, lockwood is old news. i hear there could be re-opened talks but they broke down in the summer and i wouldn't expect to see him at the hall.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Dec. 08 2005,16:06)]Rule out Brooker from Bristol City, he on big wages and SUFC cannot afford him, Jevons, Yeovil would want a big fees for him and will fight tooth and nail to keep him.  Fallon from Swindon is one I would be pleased for him to sign, a target man and score goals, he is an New Zealand international - doing well for a struggling side & would jump ship if an club in top 6 of League One want him.

Don't think Lockwood would come as I think he has a Testimonial coming up..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 08 2005,16:24)]
[b said:

So did Roy Keane at United - look what happened there!

Testimonial or not, he would come to us, should we bid for him & an chance to make the step up & an 4 or 6 mins drive to training ground and Root-Hall from where he live. Its would be better than looking forward to trip to 2nd rate team like of Torquay and Bury!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 08 2005,16:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 08 2005,16:24)]
[b said:

So did Roy Keane at United - look what happened there!
Roy Keane already has a testimonial game guaranteed, also he was at Man Ure for about 12 years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Dec. 08 2005,13:01)]A league one striker is being looked at by Tilly who refuses to name his target.

But the Echo, God bless 'em, have given us enough to work it out.

"... is believed to be monitoring at least one striker currently among the goals in league one.

And with the players West country side struggling on and off the pitch there could be a bargain deal for the front runner."

So - that's Yeovil, Swindon or Bristol City that are West Country clubs. Yeovil aren't in trouble, so that's them out.

Swindon and Bristol occupy the last 2 places in the league. Both teams have off the pitch troubles. Bristol City's star striker, Steve Brooker, only has 5 goals this season but is embarrassed at the clubs position. Rory Fallon is Swindons star man with 9 goals.

My money's on Fallon.

Why do the Echo do that? Why not just say nothing at all?
Guingamp are struggling. They're in the West Country too.

Maybe Tilly is after
Fabrice Abriel

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back