• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo today

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Dec. 08 2005,16:46)]Not Agogo according to todays Sun, about to sign a new "Double your money" deal at Brizzle
why though? he could play at a higher level for a better club instead of hanging around the doldrums of League 2

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 08 2005,16:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Dec. 08 2005,16:46)]Not Agogo according to todays Sun, about to sign a new "Double your money" deal at Brizzle
why though? he could play at a higher level for a better club instead of hanging around the doldrums of League 2
If he takes the money then we will know that he wasn't the player for us. Don't want players who are just happy picking up their weekly wage at our club.

Agogo would show himself up as a player interested in money rather than ambition if he signs for Rovers, they're not going anywhere this season...

We don't need that kind of player.

We have tried sign Lockwood previously and Tilson has even had him over the training ground. Holt and Agogo either one as an extra striker would be class. The player I have heard is Paul Terry brother of John from Yeovil!

Paul Terry???

no he is a player in the che wilson mould in the sense he can do a job and thats about it, plays right back or right midfield. ......definetley would not enchance our squad.

i wouldent say no to having him in our squad
but the striker i would like would be agogo

The League paper linked us with Paul Terry this week...

Can't see us getting Lockwood, and from what i hear Rovers offered Agogo silly money until the summer so they can get a larger sum for him, instead of him going on a bosman.
Both Fallon and Brooker i would like to see here, as they're both talented forwards who would definitely improve our current attack. And if it's Jevons, I'll kill Myself...... Slightly after killing him. Cheating *******.

Swindon are classified as a more Central team. No idea why, so dont ask
biggrin.gif

Bristol are in serious trouble at the moment and are struggling a hell of a lot. We get a lot of coverage about this over this neck of the woods and wouldnt suprise me if they have to let go a few players in January.

so that would bring into the equation stewart and bridges?? we have absolutely no chance of affording there wages and they arnt exactly 'banging' the goals in!

Exactly, its either Fallon or Cureton.

ADD: Fallon is in talks over a new contract at Swindon and they want to keep him whereas Onuora is happy to either have Cureton back or to get some cash for him - tends to point slightly more to Cureton if you ask me. Still I guess it could be Fallon if we;re talking cut-price for someone out of contract in the summer?

I'm confused.....
down.gif

There was a Swindon fan being deeply uncomplimentary about Fallon on the BBC 606 board today... said that he drags Swindon into being a real "lump it forward" side...

rock.gif

Tilly denied the Paul Terry talk the other day (I can't remember if it was OS or Echo) adding that we are hardly short of midfield players .

I see Kandol is not wanted at D&R anymore and has gone AWOL at Darlo where he is on loan.....I know its unrelated but wtf is going on with football when a non league team can ship someone out to the league because he is surplus to requirements and then said NL players feels he can f**k the league team about ??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Dec. 08 2005,22:25)]so that would bring into the equation stewart and bridges?? we have absolutely no chance of affording there wages and they arnt exactly 'banging' the goals in!
Injury prone Bridges is on loan at Carlisle. Bit nearer his North Eastern roots.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Dec. 08 2005,18:49)]Agogo would show himself up as a player interested in money rather than ambition if he signs for Rovers, they're not going anywhere this season...

We don't need that kind of player.
Sorry, but i am amazed by this post.
If a player does not re-sign for us he is called a judas, money grabber etc etc. If Agogo re-signs for The Gas with an improved contract he is accused of being greedy and lacking ambition. What if he is happy and settled.

As supporters we can't have it all ways.

Besides, who wouldn't want to double their money if it meant securing their family's financial future?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,08:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Dec. 08 2005,22:25)]so that would bring into the equation stewart and bridges?? we have absolutely no chance of affording there wages and they arnt exactly 'banging' the goals in!
Injury prone Bridges is on loan at Carlisle. Bit nearer his North Eastern roots.
what a great player he could have been but for those injuries. Anyone remember him coming on as sub for Sunderland in the fog and scoring. I think he was about 17.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Dec. 09 2005,09:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,08:52)]
[b said:
what a great player he could have been but for those injuries. Anyone remember him coming on as sub for Sunderland in the fog and scoring. I think he was about 17.
Agree, he also had a great season when he first joined Leeds and looked an international in the making.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back