• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo today

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐🦐
A league one striker is being looked at by Tilly who refuses to name his target.

But the Echo, God bless 'em, have given us enough to work it out.

"... is believed to be monitoring at least one striker currently among the goals in league one.

And with the players West country side struggling on and off the pitch there could be a bargain deal for the front runner."

So - that's Yeovil, Swindon or Bristol City that are West Country clubs. Yeovil aren't in trouble, so that's them out.

Swindon and Bristol occupy the last 2 places in the league. Both teams have off the pitch troubles. Bristol City's star striker, Steve Brooker, only has 5 goals this season but is embarrassed at the clubs position. Rory Fallon is Swindons star man with 9 goals.

My money's on Fallon.

Why do the Echo do that? Why not just say nothing at all?

Don't forget that Jamie Cureton is on loan at Col******r from Swindon and scoring freely. Something he has always done at this level.

Cureton is a proven striker and someone i advocated at the start of the season, plus it would be great to nick him from under the noses of Col Ewe as well.

Have to remember this is still the Echo. We can all make our own assumptions who the player is but until they sign we will not know for certain.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 08 2005,13:07)]Don't forget that Jamie Cureton is on loan at Col******r from Swindon and scoring freely. Something he has always done at this level.

Cureton is a proven striker and someone i advocated at the start of the season, plus it would be great to nick him from under the noses of Col Ewe as well.
Cureton will be going but I would imagine Col U will keep him.

Check out the link

Cureton for Col******r

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Dec. 08 2005,13:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 08 2005,13:07)]Don't forget that Jamie Cureton is on loan at Col******r from Swindon and scoring freely. Something he has always done at this level.

Check out the link

Cureton for Col******r
But they haven't had talks yet.

Could come in and swipe him from right under their noses

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 08 2005,13:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Dec. 08 2005,13:11)]
[b said:

Check out the link

Cureton for Col******r
But they haven't had talks yet.

Could come in and swipe him from right under their noses
Now wouldn't that be a shame...

One of my mates is a Col U fan and he constantly goes on about the greatness of their squad, how much better they are than us, how we need to sort things out quickly blah, blah, blah. Reckons Cureton is brilliant and important part of their success. On that basis alone (in a Kevin Keegan style way) I would love it if we signed Jamie Cureton!!

Wouldn't mind Fallon. Was their best player when we went to their place. Holds the ball up well, wins a lot of headers. Just what we are looking for really. Future replacement for Goater?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 08 2005,14:11)]Wouldn't mind Fallon. Was their best player when we went to their place. Holds the ball up well, wins a lot of headers. Just what we are looking for really. Future replacement for Goater?
Current replacement for Goater!

oops.gif
glare.gif

Bring in Lockwood, Agogo and Holt in January. Do me just fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 08 2005,14:17)]Bring in Lockwood, Agogo and Holt in January. Do me just fine.
Don't want much do ya?
Be realistic.
Unless Eastwood goes (to Palace is the latest one I'm hearing again) why would we need 2 strikers at that level?
Also, doesn't Lockwood want stupid money?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Dec. 08 2005,14:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 08 2005,14:17)]Bring in Lockwood, Agogo and Holt in January. Do me just fine.
Don't want much do ya?
Be realistic.
Unless Eastwood goes (to Palace is the latest one I'm hearing again) why would we need 2 strikers at that level?
Also, doesn't Lockwood want stupid money?
I am very demanding!

tounge.gif

Seriously, Lockwood would be good replacement for Che at left back and could do the job at this level.

If Eastwood did go a front line partnership of Agogo and Holt would be very appealing. But doubting Eastwood is going Holt would be the one I want. No dis-respect to agogo but he is quite similar to Freddy and Holt would offer more to the side and be a good catalyst for Freddy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Dec. 08 2005,14:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 08 2005,14:11)]Wouldn't mind Fallon. Was their best player when we went to their place. Holds the ball up well, wins a lot of headers. Just what we are looking for really. Future replacement for Goater?
Current replacement for Goater!

oops.gif

glare.gif
Agreed!

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back