• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Eastleigh v Southend United, Saturday 12th October, 15:00 k.o., FA Cup 4QR

Starting XI and Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly a pointless post this, but should we progress here are the details for the Round 1 draw.

This team and management style has managed to quash any enthusiasm i had left.....unbelievably was more enjoyable under the rat

Laughable that SZ posters truly believe we are incapable of a result at Eastleigh, or anyone in this league. Especially a team that we've recently stuffed two nil. Honestly, you'd think we'd just lost 8 in a row.
I'll be ,in fact , proud to see hundreds of Shrimpers at Silverlake tomorrow, if we get the win it'll be a special day out for sure. If people can't see we are currently a team that wins a few and loses a few, going through a transition, and most importantly will need the support and backing of the fans to help get that result.
I never expect a beating, by anyone.
Once, i walked up the stairs of East stand red at Roots Hall, looked out onto the floodlit pitch and saw Wayne Rooney and Christiano Ronaldo lining up to ko, i thought to myself thats ok, we got Maher and Spinner. 🙃 Pull yourselves together my lovelies.

Will be interesting to see how Eastleigh set up for this one. When we played at them at the Hall they didn't really press us and allowed us to have the ball which I think is why we managed to pick them off so well. Wonder if they'll press us more from the front this time around.
They'd be silly not to. Expecting a full Eastleigh press tomorrow and so far this year we've not dealt with those very well...

Laughable that SZ posters truly believe we are incapable of a result at Eastleigh, or anyone in this league. Especially a team that we've recently stuffed two nil. Honestly, you'd think we'd just lost 8 in a row.
I'll be ,in fact , proud to see hundreds of Shrimpers at Silverlake tomorrow, if we get the win it'll be a special day out for sure. If people can't see we are currently a team that wins a few and loses a few, going through a transition, and most importantly will need the support and backing of the fans to help get that result.
Once, i walked up the stairs of East stand red at Roots Hall, looked out onto the floodlit pitch and saw Wayne Rooney and Christiano Ronaldo lining up to ko, i thought to myself thats ok, we got Maher and Spinner. 🙃 Pull yourselves together my lovelies.
I love the sentiment in what you have said. My only caveat is, any player that couldn't motivate himself.in a Blue shirt against Manure in a cup tie is an issue for the team. We were magnificent that night for sure.

Not so easy at Fylde away as it proved a couple of games ago.

A win at Eastleigh, or a draw, should restore some confidence. They are strong at home, so we need a strong focused performance to get anything tomorrow. That's what l am hoping for.

Everything's crossed here.

Given the modest abilities of our current squad of fit players, it would be refreshing to see our team against Eastleigh set up to play to the players' modest strengths rather than set up in a way that exposes their weaknesses, as would appear to have been the case for much of this season. Playing out from the back and intricate passes and movement in midfield may work for the likes of Manchester City but we ain't them!

What a night that was. I remember at half time being amazed at the scoreline and at the end, words failed me. Liverpool at home was a similar feeling. Let's hope for a decent cup run this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back