• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Eastleigh v Southend United, Saturday 12th October, 15:00 k.o., FA Cup 4QR

Starting XI and Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s difficult to see much in the way of changes with a threadbare squad. Unless suddenly Wood and Wind get 90 mins it just moving around the chairs on deck. The Bromley reserve guy is on a 28 day loan as cover so hardly positive to start him (or constructive).

So expect same formation. Very similar team. What we need is a good win as at the moment confidence is probably the biggest single issue.

It’s difficult to see much in the way of changes with a threadbare squad. Unless suddenly Wood and Wind get 90 mins it just moving around the chairs on deck. The Bromley reserve guy is on a 28 day loan as cover so hardly positive to start him (or constructive).

So expect same formation. Very similar team. What we need is a good win as at the moment confidence is probably the biggest single issue.
What we desperately need is a clean sheet.

Haven’t had one for seven games - not since we played a team called Eastleigh.

Last year our three match losing streak was ended with a dour nil-nil at Oxford City. We then went 15 unbeaten.

In all Maher has had 7 0-0s in his spell as manager. In six of them we won the subsequent game (the seventh was another 0-0 when we then won the next game).

Get the defensive stuff right, give the team some confidence in the defensive structure and see if we can nick something the other end.

What we desperately need is a clean sheet.

Haven’t had one for seven games - not since we played a team called Eastleigh.

Last year our three match losing streak was ended with a dour nil-nil at Oxford City. We then went 15 unbeaten.

In all Maher has had 7 0-0s in his spell as manager. In six of them we won the subsequent game (the seventh was another 0-0 when we then won the next game).

Get the defensive stuff right, give the team some confidence in the defensive structure and see if we can nick something the other end.
Agree- in part we miss Miley in that defensive midfield role (no real substitute in the squad). Then the optimum back three now no Kensdale- Taylor no brainer on right. Ralph on left. Maybe Gubbins in the middle- as with Miley there isn’t really an ideal replacement and together this has weakened us defensively- not sure how it’s fixed easily..

This is a free hit for us really. Don't expect us to go through but if we do it might give us a confidence boost
I think it can go either way- no reason why we can’t at all. Results the first goal would help - on our day we can beat anyone- consistency is a problem (again a lot comes down to confidence)

Sorry if this has already been covered, bit out of the loop having started a new job... but can anyone confirm if the game will be covered for commentary on BBC Essex?

Laughable that SZ posters truly believe we are incapable of a result at Eastleigh, or anyone in this league. Especially a team that we've recently stuffed two nil. Honestly, you'd think we'd just lost 8 in a row.
I'll be ,in fact , proud to see hundreds of Shrimpers at Silverlake tomorrow, if we get the win it'll be a special day out for sure. If people can't see we are currently a team that wins a few and loses a few, going through a transition, and most importantly will need the support and backing of the fans to help get that result.
I never expect a beating, by anyone.
Once, i walked up the stairs of East stand red at Roots Hall, looked out onto the floodlit pitch and saw Wayne Rooney and Christiano Ronaldo lining up to ko, i thought to myself thats ok, we got Maher and Spinner. 🙃 Pull yourselves together my lovelies.
Love this.

I haven’t rated him at all, but I actually think a qualifying cup game is a great opportunity to start Bonne where there isn’t as much pressure riding on his performance. Hopefully it chills him out a bit and gets his scoring run going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back