• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Eastleigh v Southend United, Saturday 12th October, 15:00 k.o., FA Cup 4QR

Starting XI and Result

• Total voters
So far 57% of the votes are for us to lose 🤦🏼‍♂️ shows the current level of confidence the supporters have in the current setup.

All the never ending excuses have more than worn thin this has to stop and something drastic has to change, hopefully that can be on Saturday 🤞💙
Hopefully some thing will change it’s need to happen soon I don’t have much confidence of a cup run after watching the last few games, sums things up when Gateshead turn us over and Monday they lose to part time Tamworth

Hopefully some thing will change it’s need to happen soon I don’t have much confidence of a cup run after watching the last few games, sums things up when Gateshead turn us over and Monday they lose to part time Tamworth
We couldn't beat part-time Wealdstone and lost against part-time Maidenhead, it's this league all over. It's a barometer of why the majority of players play at this level. All have ability as a player, but replicating that consistently week after week, is a whole different thing.

It's why I think Miley is so good and why I think it was absolutely insane that people were questioning if he gets back into the team. He is one of the only players at the club who will put in a 7 out of 10 every single week. Yes, players can put in an 8 or 9 out of 10 in a one off game (Morton Vs Eastleigh) but following that up with 6 out of 10's isn't what you need.

Incidentally, we played 1 up front in that game and looked attacking throughout. It can be very misleading that playing 2 up top instantly reaps attacking rewards. We looked more threatening when we went 1 up top away at Wealdstone too. I'm not saying I want us to play 1 up top, but I'm also not going to berate Maher for being 'negative' if he was to go for 1 up top. We've been overrun countless times in midfield and I think we may need that extra protection for now, especially without Miley in the team.

Taken from Eastleigh FC`s Facebook page after their first defeat at home to Forrest Green Rovers;

" FGR were much the better team. They pressed fast, together and just had more energy. They probably will go straight back up if they play like that. Pleased quigs is back, but we really don't have a plan B going forward and having a different type of striker to come on to mix things up".

So let`s turn a couple of negative games into a positive, press them fast and with energy. We both don`t seem to have a plan B, so let`s support the boy`s and give Eastleigh a good go. Someone let Colin know to be aware of quick free kicks from the half way line, don`t want another one of those going in. Good luck and safe travels to all those going.

Last edited:
Don't think we'll see a change of formation as it's not our fundamental problem at the moment. That remains our vulnerability at set pieces which isn't really down to how we set up. We look disorganised against free kicks and corners, and don't appear to have leader at the back or anyone attacking the balls coming in.

I'd bring Gubbins into the centre of a back three, with Taylor and Ralph either side. As others have said we miss Cardwell defensively and, being charitable, Bonne has a fairly languid approach to defending. Should be replaced by Pepple at Eastleigh. Morton should come back in the CDM role;

Collin

Taylor : Gubbins : Ralph

Wind : KAF : Morton : Husin : Bridge

Pepple : Walker

Don't think we'll see a change of formation as it's not our fundamental problem at the moment. That remains our vulnerability at set pieces which isn't really down to how we set up. We look disorganised against free kicks and corners, and don't appear to have leader at the back or anyone attacking the balls coming in.

I'd bring Gubbins into the centre of a back three, with Taylor and Ralph either side. As others have said we miss Cardwell defensively and, being charitable, Bonne has a fairly languid approach to defending. Should be replaced by Pepple at Eastleigh. Morton should come back in the CDM role;

Collin

Taylor : Gubbins : Ralph

Wind : KAF : Morton : Husin : Bridge

Pepple : Walker
This for me

Back