• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Demetriou now employed as Chief Scout.

Brilliant news, and he'll be around when we're ready with the montage.

Brilliant news, and he'll be around when we're ready with the montage.
Talking of that, this has been the most difficult montage I have ever tried to put together. It is really hard when you are a defender and finding decent pics was like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Most covered and stamped by Getty images etc. I even asked his family. Anyway I got there in the end and they are going off to be framed next week.

Last edited:
Great news, Demi where he belongs and too good a servant to the club to let go and if needed at some point possibly a future manager 🤷🏼‍♂️ 💙

Can you explain in a little detail? Genuinely curious.
Just seems a bit like jobs for the boys to me.

Why do we need another person helping with coaching, we have 3

As far as im aware hes not a qualified scout, or ever expressed interest in being so, john still was the head of the scouting network i thought.

I know im in the minority but i dont get the demi love in. To me he's one of the players that i can only associate with our biggest decline.

Just a bit weird imo.

Talking of that, this has been the most difficult montage I have ever tried to put together. It is really hard when you are a defender and finding decent pics was like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Most covered and stamped by Getty images etc. I even asked his family. Anyway I got there in the end and they are going off to be framed next week.
I hope you got one of him taking out that bloke and getting a red card while playing for Cyprus. One of my favourite football things ever that.

Great news he’s staying around. Always gave his all and was a lovely fella on the few times I’ve met him.

Really confused by this ... Is Demi qualified? Or is this a bit of keeping your mates in work?

I'm currently a bit suspect that we have a few wage hunters in the squad and it's probably just me overthinking it so please don't take what I'm saying with any weight but the current squad doesn't seem like it has the same fight in it that it did last season.

Last we heard, demi was looking at coaching roles / playing roles, now he's a scout? 🤔 Anyone know the details ?

Been around the lower leagues for years, bleeds blue, has even had a taste of team management with us, the right character to have around behind the scenes, someone that will portray love for our club when talking with prospective signings and Jase has seen it all at SUFC.
Delighted to welcome Demi back.
Jobs for the boys my arse, if you cant see a benefit to Jason being here then thats incredible.
These are the building blocks that need to be in place, one of our best signings we have made post COSU, in my humble opinion.
Come on you beautiful shrimpers.

I hope you got one of him taking out that bloke and getting a red card while playing for Cyprus. One of my favourite football things ever that.

Great news he’s staying around. Always gave his all and was a lovely fella on the few times I’ve met him
That advertising board describes what the other bloke was doing after JD's 'tackle'!
skysports-cyprus-nations-league_4455169.jpg

Really confused by this ... Is Demi qualified? Or is this a bit of keeping your mates in work?

I'm currently a bit suspect that we have a few wage hunters in the squad and it's probably just me overthinking it so please don't take what I'm saying with any weight but the current squad doesn't seem like it has the same fight in it that it did last season.

Last we heard, demi was looking at coaching roles / playing roles, now he's a scout? 🤔 Anyone know the details ?
I would suggest that if he wants to learn the ropes as a scout, then he will learn them from nobody better than he will from John Still.

I’d also suggest that the vision here might include succession planning for when John retires from the game altogether. Then scouting could be in the trusted hands of a loyal Shrimper, who learned from the best, in the long term.

Back