• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Demetriou now employed as Chief Scout.

Depends how you define success, dont think hes been in a team thats ever won anything or been promoted?

None of what he did before really matters tho to me, only with us and thats 2 relegations.

This isnt a witch hunt, i dont know the bloke, just dont really get the hero worship.

Apart from being in the squad that won promotion from League One to League Two with Orient….

He has only suffered two relegations in his career, both with us.

In this country, he has played the vast majority of his time in League One.

Apart from being in the squad that won promotion from League One to League Two with Orient….

He has only suffered two relegations in his career, both with us.

In this country, he has played the vast majority of his time in League One.
Fair enough he only had 3 appearances that season tho.

as i said, i dont really care what they did before. i only care about his time with us. I distinctly remember many many match threads where a lot of people werent happy with him.

Lets draw a line, and agree to disagree. Everyone has their favourites over the years.

Hmmmm. Over 600 first team appearances. Over 50 international caps marking the likes of Eden hazard and ronaldo. Captaining his country and club on lots of occasions . Overcoming 3 serious career ending injuries. Making a career in football since he was a kid.
If only he could have been succesfup heh!!!
Alright Jase 😂

Fair enough he only had 3 appearances that season tho.

as i said, i dont really care what they did before. i only care about his time with us. I distinctly remember many many match threads where a lot of people werent happy with him.

Lets draw a line, and agree to disagree. Everyone has their favourites over the years.

Yeah, when he first broke through I believe.

Why say you don’t care about what he did before, then bring up if he’d won promotions or other stuff?

You said about the constant sending offs, and I pointed out he only had three.

We will have to agree to disagree. JD wasn’t one of my favourite players, but I never had an issue with him and could see what he brought to the table. He stuck with us through an awful lot of ****, and deserves credit. If Kev & co think he is worth having behind the scenes, then I back their judgement more than anyone else’s.

Back