• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Daggers (A) 12/08/23 - SOLD OUT

Sitting in a assigned seat on away days might be the worst thing of all time

The worst thing of all time? Hmmm. A few thousand years of human history would probably disagree with that sentiment, but I’m guessing you’re not being serious, anyway 😂

Seriously though, allocated seating for an all-ticket game is surely just common sense, no?

Why should friends, families, kids & parents etc be separated across a stand, despite buying their tickets together? At any other game, I’d agree it’s sit wherever you want, but not an all-ticket one.

The worst thing of all time? Hmmm. A few thousand years of human history would probably disagree with that sentiment, but I’m guessing you’re not being serious, anyway 😂

Seriously though, allocated seating for an all-ticket game is surely just common sense, no?

Why should friends, families, kids & parents etc be separated across a stand, despite buying their tickets together? At any other game, I’d agree it’s sit wherever you want, but not an all-ticket one.
You’re right allocated seating does make more sense for an all ticket game 😂 I was just told throughout my entire life going football that away games was anything goes in terms of where you stand

We all have purchased tickets away from home that have been sold as unallocated seating ie sit anywhere and if you want a decent view or sit as a group, get in the ground early enough. However time moves on and if a booking system is used and requires seat selection then it has to be the right of the purchaser to sit in it, no different to a theatre. Many choose a seat based on accessibility especially those with mobility issues or with younger kids. It really is not in principle any different than turning up at a home match and finding someone in your seat, if you think about it.

For those going to Daggers for the first time, this is the SD Samuels Stand. It will be a sea of Navy blue and yellow this Saturday afternoon.

Daggers.jpg

Are we getting the small block around the corner aswell?
If we do get any extra, it would be a small section of the North terrace (roughly where this picture above was taken from) which could accommodate another 200-300. Although I’d think it’s unlikely due to police costs. Then again they may not want groups of Southend attempting to get in the home end. We will see.

Seems unlikely with a sold out stand.

Chances are, from 1200 fans, I’d guess more than half will want to take their assigned seat, with the rest happy to end up wherever.

Like @RHB, I’ve chosen specific seats for this one, which I won’t go into detail why, but I’ll be sitting in my seat regardless. I just hope everyone is respectful of their fellow Shrimpers and their opinions on this.

I've been about 3 times now and everything we have just got there and gone up the back. Don't think I've ever looked up my seat etc.

It going to chaos if everyone sits where they want for an all ticket game. Last year from memory you had to sit in your allocated seat and we didn’t sell out.

I agree. If you want to sit with your friends and your seats have gone then you sit somewhere else and someone comes and wants their seats you end up with loads of unhappy people. Just like at Roots Hall sit in the seat you've bought!

It going to chaos if everyone sits where they want for an all ticket game. Last year from memory you had to sit in your allocated seat and we didn’t sell out.
It would be a shame if aggro between Shrimpers distracted from the game. I think people should sit in their allocated seats or negotiate with the person who has the ticket to swap. Like some others I have booked a specific seat for a specific purpose.

I seem to recall that if you have unallocated seats the capacity is lower. In a previous life a football club that I used to watch started to allocate seats to increase capacity.

I am guessing that lots of Shrimpers will be on the old C2C to Upminster then onto Dagenahm East. Does this game have a history of any trouble, or are the pictures of lots of Police just precautionary?

On my many visits to Dagenham we sat where we wanted but obviously respected those who wanted the seat that actually was allocated to them.Yes there was a bit of hand bags mainly due to a few idiots on both sides on one occasion but normally it's all fairly low key nothing to worry about

Not been able to get tickets for this and Kev's now taken a job from people who couldn't work out their return flight lands Saturday not Friday, so looks like we're missing out.

It would be a shame if aggro between Shrimpers distracted from the game. I think people should sit in their allocated seats or negotiate with the person who has the ticket to swap. Like some others I have booked a specific seat for a specific purpose.

I seem to recall that if you have unallocated seats the capacity is lower. In a previous life a football club that I used to watch started to allocate seats to increase capacity.

I am guessing that lots of Shrimpers will be on the old C2C to Upminster then onto Dagenahm East. Does this game have a history of any trouble, or are the pictures of lots of Police just precautionary?

Can't imagine there will be any trouble. The Diet Spammers try and fabricate this into being a big rivalry but most of us couldn't care less about them.

Back