• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Being a Northampton-based non-STH, I just phoned the club ticket office to double-check on whether you can have tickets delivered to Crewe when they go on general sale tomorrow. Only took 2 mins to get through.

The answer was "yes - when you phone to buy the tickets, just explain that you live outside the Southend area and they will be sent up on the team coach".

You can also buy as many as you want once on general sale (obviously subject to availbility but he didn't give me the impression that they were about to run out).

It's a shame we have to try and all ring at once or queue in person. It would be better if there were some way of connecting your computer, say, with the ticket office computer. Some sort of network of interconnected computers...

I expect the bulk of us are speaking to non ticket office staff that have just been draughted in to help with the workload so try not to be too harsh on them.

It's a shame we have to try and all ring at once or queue in person. It would be better if there were some way of connecting your computer, say, with the ticket office computer. Some sort of network of interconnected computers...

Yes, we could call it, say, an inter-net ! No, it wouldn't catch on.

Bought 6 tickets in the North Bank over the phone for myself and my mates (all ST holders in the Family Stand) - no problems. Transaction complete within 10 minutes of picking up the phone.

Well done ticket office!

This ticket office at Roots Hall is a digrace. I don't know who is to blame but the system they use is hopeless.
It happens every time we have a big game. The Chelsea game was very bad and phone calls cost a fortune. This should have been sorted a long time ago and it really annoys me.
A system needs to be put in place that can cope.
These numbers are small compared with other clubs.

The problem is, should the club spend money they can ill-afford upgrading a system that is only really tested once in a blue moon? By your own admission, the last time this was an issue was the Chelsea game, which was a good few years ago now.

Well Ive rung a couple of times this morning and the telephone system tells you they are too busy and to call back then disconnects you.

Awesome.

My mate got through and got 3 tickets, but the "youngster" on the phone didnt have access to a computer so we dont know where the seats will be.

Double Awesome.

The problem is, should the club spend money they can ill-afford upgrading a system that is only really tested once in a blue moon? By your own admission, the last time this was an issue was the Chelsea game, which was a good few years ago now.

We used to pretty much sell out every home game in the Championship. I know the timescales are shorter but I do think they could have dealt with this better.

queued today was about 60 odd people, by the time I left down to no more than 30...doubt much queueing required for the rest of the day now.

just got through, 19th in the queue. fortunately got a task to do that I can perform one-handed.

Back