• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COSU Statement - Friday 7th June

May be wrong, but the Club could choose to go into Administration before the Winding Up Petition is heard later in the month. In the event all isn't settled, would that be a better option than being liquidated ?
At first, and on the face of it, yes. Still a path fraught with uncertainty, mind.

• Could an Administrator see immediately that the business is insolvent and assetless, and recommend liquidation?
    If not then great, but how quickly would they sell everything of value in order to keep the club running? Obviosuly still better than liquidation though, ultimately.
  • How strong a position would Ron Martin be in, considering the club's "debt" to him, and would he be in pole position to buy it straight back out?
  • Would the Administrator consider whether any person/entity who may buy the club out of administration is the right one, or will they just flog it as soon as they can?
  • Who would buy the club out of administration with Roots Hall, the only real path towards self-sufficiency, still tied-up under someone else's ownership?

At first, and on the face of it, yes. Still a path fraught with uncertainty, mind.

• Could an Administrator see immediately that the business is insolvent and assetless, and recommend liquidation?
    If not then great, but how quickly would they sell everything of value in order to keep the club running? Obviosuly still better than liquidation though, ultimately.
  • How strong a position would Ron Martin be in, considering the club's "debt" to him, and would he be in pole position to buy it straight back out?
  • Would the Administrator consider whether any person/entity who may buy the club out of administration is the right one, or will they just flog it as soon as they can?
  • Who would buy the club out of administration with Roots Hall, the only real path towards self-sufficiency, still tied-up under someone else's ownership?
Yeah. It seems that all of the debt has been landed at the football club. Legal, planning and so on. The things with value won’t go into admin.

Yeah. It seems that all of the debt has been landed at the football club. Legal, planning and so on. The things with value won’t go into admin.

The bloke really is one corrupted greedy man, who pillaged the club of it's assets transfering them to his Son's and Wife, while piling all his personal debts over the years on letter heads in the good name of Southend United FC.

Makes me sick to the bone's

God help the bloke if the takeover falls through this week.

The bloke really is one corrupted greedy man, who pillaged the club of it's assets transfering them to his Son's and Wife, while piling all his personal debts over the years on letter heads in the good name of Southend United FC.

Just about spot on,

there really something wrong in this country if this goes on, which apparently it does

May be wrong, but the Club could choose to go into Administration before the Winding Up Petition is heard later in the month. In the event all isn't settled, would that be a better option than being liquidated ?
Because the WUP has started only with the permission of the court. And an administrator has no funds to maintain the business so for administration to be viable the buyer would need to be in a position to proceed very quickly. And the court will be seeking to protect the creditors. My understanding.

It does seem clear that the plan being discussed between all the parties is the consortium clear the debts and the basis of how they do that has probably been going on in the background for a couple of weeks with a couple to go. I suspect it is this or try to get another adjournment getting SCC et al to court/writing to the court in support saying it’s almost there, community asset etc.

I think the adjournment option would be the last resort as it is risky and because we are, through delay, compromising another season.

So I think the odds are on a way being found for the debts to be settled. There does seem to be a delay between things changing and us finding out- is there not another X call with CllrCowan on Friday?

“Plans to build housing on Roots Hall have scuppered the takeover “

Erm not quite correct Mr Sun - do your research properly (or should that be Those words are banned? )
Well said Leeboy.

The Sun are gutter press who never investigate properly and just latch onto bad news stories to try and stir the proverbial.

Never liked the paper since the Hillsborough incident.

For pity sake someone please just help the club by paying off the debt even if it a loan to the concortium . Iam sure that if the club can get going during pre season and season ticket sales wouuld maybe cover any loan .I know i am cluching at stawes But after 56 years of followin our club I cant face losing it because of one familys greed .

For pity sake someone please just help the club by paying off the debt even if it a loan to the concortium . Iam sure that if the club can get going during pre season and season ticket sales wouuld maybe cover any loan .I know i am cluching at stawes But after 56 years of followin our club I cant face losing it because of one familys greed .
Don’t think the money is a problem to the consortium. It’s the 🐀 and SCC , proverbially taking the ****

Back