• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COSU Statement - Friday 7th June

The debt is, what, £400k +?

You're going to need a lot of people chipping in for that but it's not on the fans to clear it. It's on Ron
The idiot Ron has already stated he won't be paying it He hasn't got a pot to pass in So either some kind benefactor comes up with the cash which won't happen Just got to hope the council agrees to Ron's offer or we are stuffed.

“Plans to build housing on Roots Hall have scuppered the takeover “

Erm not quite correct Mr Sun - do your research properly (or should that be Those words are banned? )

Just caught up on an excellent note posted by All at Sea FanZine. One thing I will add though is that if PG Services form part of the petition. Why are they doing so if they already have security against their loan. Good note

Yeah I queried that on another thread - I think they might have a personal guarantee from Ron, probably unsigned, similar to the trust. But I'd be intrigued to know if and on what they have security - and if so why they haven't enforced it?

At least that is a small crumb of comfort All all of us need now is for Ron and the council to finaly agrre a deal for fossetts farm The concortium to finaly get the club so it can move forward .With a brighter times ahead .

The debt is, what, £400k +?

You're going to need a lot of people chipping in for that but it's not on the fans to clear it. It's on Ron
The problem is, if we like it or not COSU have agreed to pay those debts as part of the takeover so RM is never going to pay anything. Everyone knows this but Stewarts are trying their luck anyway that they might be the money earlier. If COSU pay them then every other Creditors will want theirs paid straight away.

Personally I think COSU should call Stewarts bluff and say you either remove the WUP and you will get paid like it was agreed once the take over is complete or you get nothing and we buy the club out of administration.

Reactions: TJC
The problem is, if we like it or not COSU have agreed to pay those debts as part of the takeover so RM is never going to pay anything. Everyone knows this but Stewarts are trying their luck anyway that they might be the money earlier. If COSU pay them then every other Creditors will want theirs paid straight away.

Personally I think COSU should call Stewarts bluff and say you either remove the WUP and you will get paid like it was agreed once the take over is complete or you get nothing and we buy the club out of administration.
That's only £80.00 each for 5,000 of us.
I thought the total debt was way higher than that.

One would now assume that the WUO represents an amount in the region of £1m plus 🤦‍♂️ and that doesn’t include the other legal debt of £400k.

If the winding up order is made we wont go into administration. A liquidator is appointed to sell any remaining assets and dissolve the company.

If the winding up order is made we wont go into administration. A liquidator is appointed to sell any remaining assets and dissolve the company.
May be wrong, but the Club could choose to go into Administration before the Winding Up Petition is heard later in the month. In the event all isn't settled, would that be a better option than being liquidated ?

Back