• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COSU Statement - Friday 7th June

The first two are the most important, I suspect number three is to place RM under greater pressure to sort the mess out with the council and get the deal over the line.

If the first two are met, then I suspect COSU may let number three slide
And continue to fund it or not just walk away?

The first two are the most important, I suspect number three is to place RM under greater pressure to sort the mess out with the council and get the deal over the line.

If the first two are met, then I suspect COSU may let number three slide
I see it through a different lens!
COSU are well aware that 🐀 has dragged this on for years trying to maximise his pipe dream, they won’t want to outlay what could possibly be more £millions before they own the club. They will now want a tangible security to cover them for all future outlays.
IMO anyway

I see it through a different lens!
COSU are well aware that 🐀 has dragged this on for years trying to maximise his pipe dream, they won’t want to outlay what could possibly be more £millions before they own the club. They will now want a tangible security to cover them for all future outlays.
IMO anyway
I can see where you’re coming from, both are plausible outcomes. We need the first domino to fall one way or another

Just my opinion but, I think if one and two are met, they’ll continue to fund it, as that’ll allow the deal to proceed.
Yeah hopefully, sure Martin hopes that too.

Just leaves us in limbo AGAIN and wishing they’d done it in May so we could have prepped better for forthcoming season. Fans and consortium hugely exasperated.

Just my opinion but, I think if one and two are met, they’ll continue to fund it, as that’ll allow the deal to proceed.
Only if a cast iron legal guarantee from Rat and Rat Junior which will/is the sticking point to this.

He is already saying there are guarantees in place but we all know his BS and general lies that this is not worth the paper its written on.

My worry is he will fall on this, and then do his usual blame every6one else around him when it goes belly up because that's what he does.

Only if a cast iron legal guarantee from Rat and Rat Junior which will/is the sticking point to this.

He is already saying there are guarantees in place but we all know his BS and general lies that this is not worth the paper its written on.

My worry is he will fall on this, and then do his usual blame every6one else around him when it goes belly up because that's what he does.
True, but they may concede their position if the first two conditions are met which will allow the deal to go through/progress

Number 1 is clearly the critical point, it’s not going to stand or fall on point 2 - that just provides clarity on the timetable.

Number 3 is important too but is only relevant if number 1 is OK.

It seemed from reports last Saturday that the Rat had already agreed to the necessary changes requested by the Council as early as last Friday evening.

I’m not sure many of us believe him and who knows whether they’ve agreed to exactly what was needed or if they’re trying it on to squeeze some more out of the deal for themselves and playing some more silly games due to the precarious nature of the club’s future.

It would be nice to have something from one of the parties involved to confirm the current state of play, but I guess we’ll have to wait until close of play tomorrow for this.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back