• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COSU Statement - Friday 7th June

Ron said he emailed his agreement to the councils new terms yesterday. We’ll find out if that is true I’m sure early next week. If true I imagine it’s because he does believe the developments could crash and burn without the club and the sale of it being concluded.
That will only satisfy 1 of the 3 conditions.

The one I'm concerned about is the granting of security for any additional cash COSU puts in prior to completing the purchase.

Maybe the best case scenario (assuming no one blinks) is now that Ron and council have agreement, with estimated completion mid July. WUP grants an adjournment. Sale completes mid July and transfer embargo etc lifted.

Ok so we all know what pokies ron say when he is in a jam . But if he says he has emailed the council with his agreement .How can someone find out if this true And is it in line with what the coiuncil wants ???.

Ok so we all know what pokies ron say when he is in a jam . But if he says he has emailed the council with his agreement .How can someone find out if this true And is it in line with what the coiuncil wants ???.
I believe to be true from other sources. What we don’t know if it’s games or actual concessions in the revised offer and we likely won’t have any indication until early next week.

The one I'm concerned about is the granting of security for any additional cash COSU puts in prior to completing the purchase.

Maybe the best case scenario (assuming no one blinks) is now that Ron and council have agreement, with estimated completion mid July. WUP grants an adjournment. Sale completes mid July and transfer embargo etc lifted.
I think the point of COSU condition 3 is that they want the WUP gone and that means settling some if not all historic debt, and ST can’t wait any longer either…

I think the point of COSU condition 3 is that they want the WUP gone and that means settling some if not all historic debt, and ST can’t wait any longer either…
Yeah I get that, but if no one is putting up security nor paying off Stewart's law and Pg then we need an adjournment. That's what I'm speculating is our best case at the moment, assuming condition 3 isn't settled

Like your analysis HJ, but this would be too simple and straightforward for the 🐀. All his plan’s have a cunning twist.
BTW I do hope you are right 👍

Ron said he emailed his agreement to the councils new terms yesterday. We’ll find out if that is true I’m sure early next week. If true I imagine it’s because he does believe the developments could crash and burn without the club and the sale of it being concluded.
Not a religious person but I'll be preying this to be true.

The main, stumbling point Is this money being owed? Can't we set up a gofundme page. We have a week to pimp this fabulous club out?

All it takes it one donation from a shrimper who we don't know about.

The main, stumbling point Is this money being owed? Can't we set up a gofundme page. We have a week to pimp this fabulous club out?

All it takes it one donation from a shrimper who we don't know about.
Or one that we do but might like to remain anonymous. It was certainly good seeing such a large individual donation on the Morecambe Go Fund Me page.

Why, don't the trust set up such a page? What have we got to lose? Maybe,Clutching at straws.

We can all give one final push. Even, if we didn't hit target it be used by the club.
We have a meeting tomorrow night, I'll mention it at your suggestion. I must be honest, I'm not part of the working group on this so not fully "in the picture", there may be plans already in place.

Back