• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COSU Statement - 25th June 2024

As an exile ( I live in Wales) and I know there will be many others in a similar situation. Is there anything we can do to financially show more support to the club and COSU should we come out the other side. Obviously a season ticket is not feasible, but other than buying merchandise what else could anyone suggest?
I would happily pay into an Welsh Exiles player sponsorship (albeit I'm born and bred in Wales) if that's something to consider

I love the idea that they’ve all been round the table without Ron working out how to get rid of him.
They'd have to be smart. They'd have to have nobody in the know. They'd have to put the fans through the emotional mangle but ... It would be for the greater good.

I appreciate not all of the fan base are in the same financial situation and for some there maybe more important things to spend there money on.

That said personally if they save our club I would like to be able to contribute financially maybe £50 or £100 as a one off on a season ticket as a thank you gesture for saving our club.

Maybe they could even produce some merchandise like scarfs or training tops etc where every intem sold raises some money ie perhaps £10 on scarfs and £40 on training tops giving those that want and are able to to contribute financially to show our appreciation.
Great ideas J.

What worries me is that if this goes through it will take all the pressure off Ron and he will start paying hardball again with the council, restarting negotiations and making increased demands on FF. Maybe he’ll build and release the first set of houses there and then get a little greedy and change plans for the proposed stadium site. What would be his motivation to give up the freehold on RH. He can charge rent. It’s still a bargaining chip he can use to get what he wants from the council. It increases in value all the time. Since RM took control the football club has always been secondary to land and development. We’d still be locked into that
Whilst I agree that it is a worry that this potentially opens the door to Ron extending negotiations, without it we die thanks to the NL.

Next time you're in town for a game, do hospitality instead of getting a regular ticket. That's an extra £60+ that goes directly to the club.

I went (coincidentally) for Chris Powell's first game and it was a great experience, you are very well looked after. I imagine the standard will rise even further once COSU are in charge.
I'd definitely do this, I'm just conscious, that should we have custodians who care about Southend as much as I do , and putting up a lot of capital, rather than the parasite that was Ron. I could front up more money as a signal of solidarity, Sadly, like most of us, I am not hugely wealthy, but I could certainly front up season ticket level money to help the club. Maybe a group of us exiles could fund a few season tickets that could be allocated to the Trust for them to use for young people/ disadvantaged people in the Southend area to enjoy a game.

Back