• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COSU Statement - 25th June 2024

I'd definitely do this, I'm just conscious, that should we have custodians who care about Southend as much as I do , and putting up a lot of capital, rather than the parasite that was Ron. I could front up more money as a signal of solidarity, Sadly, like most of us, I am not hugely wealthy, but I could certainly front up season ticket level money to help the club. Maybe a group of us exiles could fund a few season tickets that could be allocated to the Trust for them to use for young people/ disadvantaged people in the Southend area to enjoy a game.
'Maybe a group of us exiles could fund a few season tickets that could be allocated to the Trust for them to use for young people/ disadvantaged people in the Southend area to enjoy a game.'

Count me in.

Out of all this, and all the bad stuff for the last 20 years, surely, Rat, must be a business pariah? He can not be a credible developer/partner?
What ever the talk is Rat must be an awful person to try and get the truth from; with an argument and likely falsehood lurking behind everything.
How is he not banned, forbidden, blacklisted from every corner of business, or indeed social contacts for the harm and distrust he has caused?
And his church/religion? excommunication or the inquisition would be in order.

Out of all this, and all the bad stuff for the last 20 years, surely, Rat, must be a business pariah? He can not be a credible developer/partner?
What ever the talk is Rat must be an awful person to try and get the truth from; with an argument and likely falsehood lurking behind everything.
How is he not banned, forbidden, blacklisted from every corner of business, or indeed social contacts for the harm and distrust he has caused?
And his church/religion? excommunication or the inquisition would be in order.
I expect he will get a Knighthood in the Kings honours list

There’s been fixed and floating charges over SUFC since 1999. Last year these were then rejigged in anticipation of the sale.

As for it not having any value imagine the phone conversation

Ron: hey there Mr Lender. You know that security you took for the £18m I borrowed from you
Lender: yes, I think it was a bit more than £18m I lent you but go on…
Ron: well it turns out it’s not worth anything so be a good chap and just let me release it. Oh and it is of the upmost importance that it’s done by tomorrow morning, well this afternoon really, let’s say by 12:30?
No lender worth their salt is going to accept as security charges on something that has no value. Even the most cursory Those words are banned will show that up. If you’re right then the club sale won’t happen, but I believe it’s not the obstacle being suggested and the sale will happen. Let’s see not long to wait.

Re RH those terms would continue as before as no way CRBE can be paid away.

Last edited:
Looking at ways to raise money to help the club financially, two golf clubs that I have belonged to in the past have run a weekly 100 Club where 100 members pay £2 a week with the chance of 2 of them winning £25 if their number comes up in the weekly draw, and the club makes £150 a week.

If 1000 fans opted into a Shrimpers1000 Club at £2 a week with the chance of 10 members winning £50 each week, it would make the club £1500 a week = £78000 a year.

A Shrimpers 500 Club paying out 5 prizes of £50 each week would make £39000 a year.

Just a thought. I'm not sure if gambling laws would allow the club itself to run something like this itself without having to pay tax on the profits but the Trust might be able to?

Looking at ways to raise money to help the club financially, two golf clubs that I have belonged to in the past have run a weekly 100 Club where 100 members pay £2 a week with the chance of 2 of them winning £25 if their number comes up in the weekly draw, and the club makes £150 a week.

If 1000 fans opted into a Shrimpers1000 Club at £2 a week with the chance of 10 members winning £50 each week, it would make the club £1500 a week = £78000 a year.

A Shrimpers 500 Club paying out 5 prizes of £50 each week would make £39000 a year.

Just a thought. I'm not sure if gambling laws would allow the club itself to run something like this itself without having to pay tax on the profits but the Trust might be able to?
Hey, Fantastic idea. If anyone fancies it:

There is already a Blues Lottery. Hopefully, it will receive more publicity and more support from an enthusiastic fanbase.

Hey, Fantastic idea. If anyone fancies it:

Apologies. I hadn't realised that the Trust already runs a 100 Club.

OK those with an eye for detail and the appropriate knowledge, my turn to ask a question based on today's statement from COSU, relating to the NL £1m Bond.

If, as stated, COSU do get ownership of the club officially and with the WUP hopefully dismissed tomorrow, if PG Site Services make a similar deal with COSU and are the only other sponsors of the WUP.

The situation is that with no WUP in place AND COSU the official owners of Southend United Football Club, does this then trigger clause 1 of the Bond statement and as such no Bond would be needed as item (i) below would have been successfully completed:

"(i) an ownership agreement with the consortium currently in talks with the Club being successfully concluded, to the satisfaction of the National League and the FA"

I'd definitely do this, I'm just conscious, that should we have custodians who care about Southend as much as I do , and putting up a lot of capital, rather than the parasite that was Ron. I could front up more money as a signal of solidarity, Sadly, like most of us, I am not hugely wealthy, but I could certainly front up season ticket level money to help the club. Maybe a group of us exiles could fund a few season tickets that could be allocated to the Trust for them to use for young people/ disadvantaged people in the Southend area to enjoy a game.
Great idea for something more immediate. Count me in.

Back