• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COSU Statement - 25th June 2024

As an exile ( I live in Wales) and I know there will be many others in a similar situation. Is there anything we can do to financially show more support to the club and COSU should we come out the other side. Obviously a season ticket is not feasible, but other than buying merchandise what else could anyone suggest?

So what do we actually need to happen to get this deal over the line?

Is it simply Heads of Terms agreed and the deal will go ahead?

I thought it was Ron that was refusing to sell the club until he had his lease agreement signed and the stadium will follow once he has full PP.

Is anyone ITK able to break this down in simple terms for me?
As above, this was my understanding too - is it not correct ?

Jokes aside if this happens like this we need as a fanbase to make these guys feel they have made the right choice.

Buying season tickets
Turning up in numbers
Roaring the lads on
Providing help to get the stadium ready

etc……
I was just saying this actually! We need to back them financially as much as possible

As an exile ( I live in Wales) and I know there will be many others in a similar situation. Is there anything we can do to financially show more support to the club and COSU should we come out the other side. Obviously a season ticket is not feasible, but other than buying merchandise what else could anyone suggest?
Next time you're in town for a game, do hospitality instead of getting a regular ticket. That's an extra £60+ that goes directly to the club.

I went (coincidentally) for Chris Powell's first game and it was a great experience, you are very well looked after. I imagine the standard will rise even further once COSU are in charge.

But that intercompany debt is still an asset on another companies balance sheet, remove the debt from the club balance sheet and you need to remove the asset from another balance sheet.
Yes a balance sheet elsewhere is going to look even uglier (assuming no bad debt provision) but it has no immediate cash impact probably. So can be managed whilst the property deal happens. And all assets (FF & RH) have been safely moved long ago to entities with stronger balance sheets and that aren't at risk and don't hold the club debt?

The Club/RH/Training Ground being tied togerther worked for both parties for different reasons. Necessity means for both parties the lesser of two evils is now needed?

Anyway we speculate because its a forum (thats what its for) but in this instance for once we haven't long to wait and find out..

I thought it was Ron that was refusing to sell the club until he had his lease agreement signed and the stadium will follow once he has full PP.

A miracle?

If this takeover goes ahead on these terms I think all we Southend supporters will have to temper our expectations for at least the coming season. Until more revenue streams can be found COSU will have to cut their cloth very carefully. Even if the embargo is lifted there may not be much spare cash to get in any more bodies anyway.

I think that we are all going to have to be very patient and just be glad there is still a club to support.

If this happens I'm up for sexual favours
TrueBlue, this is Bob, he's just joined the consortium. This is his reaction when I told him about your offer.
He said, ''Yeah, yeah yeah, I've heard it all before.'' ''Let's see if he's a man of his word.''
When can he meet up with you?

pngtree-fat-old-man-looking-at-the-camera-picture-image_3061023.jpg

Ron wasn’t so much refusing to sell but is unable to sell until the agreement for lease was agreed.

The deal will have been to sell the club debt free (i.e. free of secured debt; the £0.5m winding up order is incidental here).

There are therefore two possible scenarios

1. COSU will now take on the secured debt. This would be extremely brave.
2. COSU will only proceed if Ron releases the charges first, however it is unclear whether Ron is now able to do so. I would expect that the security Ron has over SUFC for Mezcal forms part of the security for whoever lent Ron money in the first place.

I think the fans would owe the consortium a big favour given many times over by their support shown through the turnstiles if they can get the deal through. They have my utmost respect.

In the context of the NL statement regarding the bond I see this as a totally unjustified action and nothing short of football vandalism and they have my utmost disrespect and belong in the gutter with the Martins.

Back