• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COSU Statement - 25th June 2024

I totally agree. He can now take his time and counteroffer at every turn. He'll think, "why do I have to take your offer." He does not have to rush this now.

Of course, for the short term (saving the club) in the immediate, is great. However, it is the same scenario, how long can this go on for?

I'm still perplexed that so many successful businessman who make up our consortium, have taken this huge risk. This man has no soul or scruples. He is a parasite that won't hesitate to feed off any goodness others have.
I think/hope today HoT will be agreed and the takeover immediately follow. I assume there will be some statement from SCC re timelines for DD. The bit that has changed- a very big bit- is takeover happening prior to DD and signed contract and no doubt no security from Ron..
However, I suspect both SCC and COSU are convinced Ron needs this to all conclude- he is out of options and has to be servicing significant debt on unfavourable terms.

IF he does owe £45m servicing that is going to add £3-4m per annum???

Don’t forget that RH has a Covenant on it relating to a stadium for the club to play in, and FF Planning is on condition that a stadium is built, that is the current safeguard. Once revised planning is approved at FF I would assume it would have some conditions relating to RH / COSU(POSU) / SUFC to safeguard the club

Back