• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cort Joins Hull !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 07 2004,16:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 07 2004,16:30)]I mean hey, He must be cr*p if Hull want him.
Of course not and once again you spectacularly miss the point. FM. To try and put it very simply for you, if we can't afford to offer him a similar deal then we have to accept that ...

WS
I think FM originally meant why do we wait so long before addressing the issue of contracts and when a new one should be offered.
Of course if a player is after more money/better terms then we wont/cant keep him.
I would be very surprised if there are many people who would say hand on heart they wouldnt want Leon in the squad for the start of next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 07 2004,16:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 07 2004,16:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 07 2004,16:19)]I found Hunt to be an affable and pleasant young man, and not half as arrogant as players from the 2002/3 season...

(Belgrave, stand up)
But would you say that if he'd shagged your bird?
Then I'd be hoping for a clean sheet.
So, not Semen between the uprights?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ June 07 2004,16:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 07 2004,14:21)]I think we must learn from this, and make sure we offer our best young players 2-3 year contracts.
Talking b******s again FM!

He is not one of our best young players and you cannot stop someone wishing to better themselves.

Tilly WILL get a better replacement and all that remains is to wish Leon well.

BTW Leon, you had better start wearing padded shorts as the bench is quitehard to sit on for 80 minutes!
Come on, he'll get to warm up!

I liked him but honestly believe Tilson can get a replacement as good. Let's be honest, attackingwise, his heading's really bad but the fact he's so much taller gave him the edge!

Would write about defence but haven't got time

Why feel the need to pick holes in Corts game. Attacking you say his heading is really bad!!!
Erm Boston game last season anyone?
Just wind your neck in and get on with it. He has gone and good luck to the fella. I wouldnt be so sure that we will get a better centre half though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ June 07 2004,17:23)]I wouldnt be so sure that we will get a better centre half though.
All Tilly has to do is supply the contract, hand me a pen, and I'll sign it.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 07 2004,16:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 07 2004,16:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 07 2004,16:30)]I mean hey, He must be cr*p if Hull want him.
Of course not and once again you spectacularly miss the point. FM. To try and put it very simply for you, if we can't afford to offer him a similar deal then we have to accept that ...

WS
I am not saying its our fault, but we must look at this and make sure we avoid the situation of losing these players on frees.
So you gonna empty your piggy bank then? If the Club ain't got the wonga, it can't exactly compete, can it?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ June 07 2004,17:16)]I think FM originally meant why do we wait so long before addressing the issue of contracts and when a new one should be offered.
I think Cort's mind was pretty much made up even before the contract offer was made by Southend United. When we spoke to him last summer he suggested that the forthcoming season (i.e. last season) might be his last with the club. The chap wants to progress and good on him; no malice from these quarters. I just don't think it's the disaster some seem to think it is ...

WS

Fair play to him. I don't know the details but I doubt that this is just about money. This is about a lad wanting to go as far as he can in the game and I doubt theres any of us who can really argue that Hull City isn't a step up from Southend United at the moment.

I'm not suicidal though. Like many of you I didn't think he was exactly outstanding last season and imo was a major reason why the club missed out on a £500k windfall from the Chelsea game that never was. good luck to him and I have faith in Tilly and Brush to get in someone better.

Anybody fancy coming down to Canvey next month to wish the lad well when they play Hull in a pre-season friendly?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 07 2004,19:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ June 07 2004,17:16)]I think FM originally meant why do we wait so long before addressing the issue of contracts and when a new one should be offered.
I think Cort's mind was pretty much made up even before the contract offer was made by Southend United. When we spoke to him last summer he suggested that the forthcoming season (i.e. last season) might be his last with the club. The chap wants to progress and good on him; no malice from these quarters. I just don't think it's the disaster some seem to think it is ...

WS
Its more about making sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again to any other of our best players.

Cort is gone, and i agree we couldn't do alot if anything to keep him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banned @ June 07 2004,21:16)]Anybody fancy coming down to Canvey next month to wish the lad well when they play Hull in a pre-season friendly?
He used this football club,

He knew that the club would lose out. He was always going to leave on a Bosman hince the one year deal he could have at least showed the club a bit of gratitude like Jay Smith.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 07 2004,21:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banned @ June 07 2004,21:16)]Anybody fancy coming down to Canvey next month to wish the lad well when they play Hull in a pre-season friendly?

He knew that the club would lose out. He was always going to leave on a Bosman hince the one year deal he could have at least showed the club a bit of gratitude like Jay Smith.
IIRC, he signed a one year deal that had the option of a second year, if we did well enough.

P.S. He has shown gratitude in the way he has left the club. Granted, he gave me his word he was defintely staying, and then Taylor came in, but he was honest with the fans. The situation is similar to Rawle, only Leon has been upfront and honest with us. That is why Leon leaves this club with my best wishes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ June 07 2004,21:27)]P.S. He has shown gratitude in the way he has left the club. Granted, he gave me his word he was defintely staying, and then Taylor came in, but he was honest with the fans. The situation is similar to Rawle, only Leon has been upfront and honest with us. That is why Leon leaves this club with my best wishes.
yes totally agree.

We didn't do well enough and he was told that we were on the verge of great things, if anyone wants to blame anyone -blame Wignall.
Hull are in a much better position than peterborough and I can't dig Corty out for going. the b@st@rd.

You do talk an incredible amount of shi.te, MF.  

Leon was offered the opportunity of playing in front of 20,000+ crowds regularly at a hugely impressive stadium with a genuinely ambitious club with, I'd imagine, wages to match their ambition.  

When Leon took all the player of the season awards last year he could easily have gone elsewhere and used his status as a selling point to other clubs.  He didn't.  He stuck at it for another season and now feels it's time to move on.

He wants to further his career.  Hull City offer him a perfect opportunity to do just that.  It's a shame you're so damn insular and small minded, MF, otherwise you'd have the decency to concede he's bettering himself career-wise.

Leon goes with my best wishes.

[b said:
I went to the game last season and will more then likely go again.

[b said:

How the hell did he use this football club?
He's said all along that he may go to Hull and it was expected, I echo Banned's comments by wishing the boy luck in Division 2 next season.

No flack from this end either and I'll agree with the general consensus. Leon goes with my best wishes. Apart from his departure the only disappointing aspect is the lack of a transfer fee.

Hope he gets a fair crack of the whip as well. He deserves it.

[b said:
[b said:

I sometimes think that you get treated harshly by people on here. Then I read $hite like that.

I'm quite tempted to go to the Canvey game and if I do I'll wear a Southend top and wish Cort all the best. Theres no reason to hold a grudge against the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back