• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cort Joins Hull !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 07 2004,15:38)]
No he said he was a arogant pr*ck !

tounge.gif
Can't think what he would have against him.

Personally I wish Cort the best of luck and hope he really gets a chance to impress at Hull.
Ok I aggree that Corts season was no where near as good as the season before when he won all the awards and got his hat trick. That was a very big season to live up to. But he did a job for us last season. I still think that despite who we sign if Cort was still here he would be in the fist 11 more often than not and most people would be glad of that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 07 2004,14:21)]I think we must learn from this, and make sure we offer our best young players 2-3 year contracts.
Talking b******s again FM!

He is not one of our best young players and you cannot stop someone wishing to better themselves.

Tilly WILL get a better replacement and all that remains is to wish Leon well.

BTW Leon, you had better start wearing padded shorts as the bench is quitehard to sit on for 80 minutes!

I wish Leon all the best as it's a genuine step up in his career and it's not as if he was dishonest about his intentions. For some reason I can't feel quite the same about another Leon, especially in view of who he's signed for....
mad.gif

I personally think that FM has a point and has had valid points on a number of recent posts only to be slapped down.
Perhaps in the current climate of financial restraints it is time we reddressed the way we appraoch contract offers. Maybe look to sort them out long before end of season etc.

Not too bothered he's gone, but I wish him all the best as he has always gave his all for Southend. He's replaceable though, as long as Hunt and Wozza sign up!!!!!(come on!!!!!)

I found Hunt to be an affable and pleasant young man, and not half as arrogant as players from the 2002/3 season...

(Belgrave, stand up)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 07 2004,16:19)]I found Hunt to be an affable and pleasant young man, and not half as arrogant as players from the 2002/3 season...

(Belgrave, stand up)
But would you say that if he'd shagged your bird?

Good luck to Cort, obviously the deal he's been offered is better, and why not take the money for a couple of years when you won't even have to play to earn it.

Please let us sign up Wozza now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ June 07 2004,16:05)]I personally think that FM has a point and has had valid points on a number of recent posts only to be slapped down.
Perhaps in the current climate of financial restraints it is time we reddressed the way we appraoch contract offers. Maybe look to sort them out long before end of season etc.
Thank You,

I mean hey, He must be cr*p if Hull want him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 07 2004,16:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 07 2004,16:19)]I found Hunt to be an affable and pleasant young man, and not half as arrogant as players from the 2002/3 season...

(Belgrave, stand up)
Then I'd be hoping for a clean sheet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 07 2004,16:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 07 2004,16:22)]
[b said:

(Belgrave, stand up)
Then I'd be hoping for a clean sheet.
Ba-doom tiss! I'd be proud of that one, well done!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 07 2004,16:30)]I mean hey, He must be cr*p if Hull want him.
Of course not and once again you spectacularly miss the point. FM. To try and put it very simply for you, if we can't afford to offer him a similar deal then we have to accept that ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 07 2004,16:52)]if we can't afford to offer him a similar deal then we have to accept that ...

WS
why can't we? Surely if our season tickets are too expensive we must be rolling in it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 07 2004,16:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 07 2004,16:30)]I mean hey, He must be cr*p if Hull want him.
Of course not and once again you spectacularly miss the point. FM. To try and put it very simply for you, if we can't afford to offer him a similar deal then we have to accept that ...

WS
I am not saying its our fault, but we must look at this and make sure we avoid the situation of losing these players on frees.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 07 2004,16:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 07 2004,16:52)]if we can't afford to offer him a similar deal then we have to accept that ...

WS
why can't we? Surely if our season tickets are too expensive we must be rolling in it?
Good luck to him,i don't think he was the greatest centre half i have seen.
Just the best of a bad bunch recently, probably his main plus was the fact that he rarely misses a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back