• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In retrospect and knowing what I do know about the virus I think we would have been better spending billions on protecting hospitals, care homes and the vulnerable rather than paying 20 something healthy people to sit at home.

Possibly - but I don't get the relevance to the death rate in 2020 versus 1990

Some people moaning on the media about Portugal being moved to the Amba list. It's done to protect this Country. People know the gambles travelling, just take a holiday in this Country, if the weather is nice, we have some of the best places to visit in the world.

STAY HOME and enjoy what the UK has to offer.

Some people moaning on the media about Portugal being moved to the Amba list. It's done to protect this Country. People know the gambles travelling, just take a holiday in this Country, if the weather is nice, we have some of the best places to visit in the world.

Being selfish that doesn’t help me! I work in aviation and I am relying on people to travel abroad and by plane to keep my job! So don’t STAY HOME whenever you get the chance fly for a holiday :Smile:

Being selfish that doesn’t help me! I work in aviation and I am relying on people to travel abroad and by plane to keep my job! So don’t STAY HOME whenever you get the chance fly for a holiday :Smile:

I can see your dilemma (it's really ****e) but, I still say stay at home, it's not worth the gamble.

Yet we could travel last summer with no vaccine. To be honest nothing is making any sense anymore. The President of Portugal is furious and doesn't understand the decision. And in regards to travel in this country everybody is cashing in prices and have gone sky high.

Save the NHS, vaccinate the vulnerable. It just keeps being kicked down the road at every turn. We will have to learn to live with this yet that seems way off for now. I recon the next one will be everybody has to be double vaccinated. Problem is many are now thinking what's the point of getting the vaccine because the freedom that was supposed to come with it isn't happening.

they are just making sure they can Vacc everyone down to about 8 yrs old. its creates a better captive market for compulsory booster jabs every 6 months,, never mind if your average 14 yr old is more likely to die tripping over a crack in the pavement.

Yeah agreed I’m in the same boat as you know. There has to be targeted support for the aviation and travel industries if this carries on. Extension of furlough or something.

The real question no scientist or self appointed expert has asked, is why did so many old people catch covid whilst in hospital. Some went in with even minor complaints and were never seen again other than by one or two family members.

I'm un-lurking temporarily to point out a lie. This is untrue.

From 2010 - 2019 there was roughly 500,000 deaths per year. In 2020 it rose up to 608,000

"Good" to see the usual faces are anti-vax, Covid deniers. It's like you could connect them in some way....

That's me, bye again.

One thing that has to be taken in consideration in regards to death rates is population increase. Since 2000 the UK population has increased by around 10 million.

One thing that has to be taken in consideration in regards to death rates is population increase. Since 2000 the UK population has increased by around 10 million.

But not since 2019. My question to the Covid deniers was how do you explain the rise of 78,000 deaths in one year if you believe it's a harmless disease and no worse than the flu.

As an aside, I find it hard to believe there's a thread on this board mourning those Shrimpers and family members who have died due to Covid at the same time people are comparing C19 to a bad cold. It's quite laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

But not since 2019. My question to the Covid deniers was how do you explain the rise of 78,000 deaths in one year if you believe it's a harmless disease and no worse than the flu.

As an aside, I find it hard to believe there's a thread on this board mourning those Shrimpers and family members who have died due to Covid at the same time people are comparing C19 to a bad cold. It's quite laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

My comment wasn't really in regards to Covid but more in about how people on both sides of a discussion quote death rates. There are many things to factor in, population increases just being one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back