• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm guessing it doesn't.

The PCR tests and LFT (lateral flow test) will only detect if you have or hopefully not have COVID.
You can check if you have previously suffered with it by having a blood test for antibodies but that is not a routine test that is carried out as such.

The PCR tests and LFT (lateral flow test) will only detect if you have or hopefully not have COVID.
You can check if you have previously suffered with it by having a blood test for antibodies but that is not a routine test that is carried out as such.
Would that be negated if the person had been vaccinated?
So only a jab virgin could get a definitive result?

Thank you Tinks.

I think it would be helpful if we could get a test to check if we've had Covid in the past (long Covid). I've felt pretty rough (on and off) for months now. Thanks for the advise, I'll order a test kit.

My son is still waiting for his call, he's 29. Hopefully not much longer.

On masks, I think these need to be optional asap. See so many people wearing them incorrectly anyway, and little has ever been done to enforce correct wearing.

There were walk-ins today in Wickford for anyone over 18. These seem to be announced on the day on local facebook groups.

My son is still waiting for his call, he's 29. Hopefully not much longer.

On masks, I think these need to be optional asap. See so many people wearing them incorrectly anyway, and little has ever been done to enforce correct wearing.

On the Spanish news earlier it was stated that masks in France would be obligatory in public until the end of July.No hard date in Spain yet though the end of June has been suggested.Highly likely that their use in indoor spaces will continue for the time being.

On the Spanish news earlier it was stated that masks in France would be obligatory in public until the end of July.No hard date in Spain yet though the end of June has been suggested.Highly likely that their use in indoor spaces will continue for the time being.

Don't get me going on face masks :Scared:

I'm that person over the last few months who've told people to wear one, or p off away from me:Highfive:

The investigation into the origin of the pandemic seems to be going full circle and pointing towards a lab leak.
What affect, emotions and reactions could that scenario cause if true?

The investigation into the origin of the pandemic seems to be going full circle and pointing towards a lab leak.
What affect, emotions and reactions could that scenario cause if true?

I think the press are making a big deal of this - got to get some headlines from somewhere. The reality is, imho, they simply can't 100% rule it out, that doesn't make it the most likely or probable source. I suspect we'll never know 100% the origins of it.

I think the press are making a big deal of this - got to get some headlines from somewhere. The reality is, imho, they simply can't 100% rule it out, that doesn't make it the most likely or probable source. I suspect we'll never know 100% the origins of it.

I read an article on the 'smoking gun' emails from Fauci. In isolation some seemed explosive - ie, emails from a US lab saying they think they found some suspicious sequences in the genome (or something) that would indicate man-made or adapted virus. But a few weeks later there was a report from same lab saying they'd done further work and ruled out the man-made stuff - of course, only the first email gets reported in the headlines

Everyone needs to think beyond headlines and not look to blame certain people, including those that go to the beach or cant wear a mask or have an injection

My neighbour is convinced its the Chinese who released it by accident, others people say deliberate. It could be another regime from around the world or even a private group who stand to gain.

The smart people keep an open mind and look beyond the first headline. Yorkshire police convincing themselves the Ripper was a Mackem is a simple reminder of the dangers of tunnel vision and group think.

How would anybody know that? People don't wear name tags describing an illness they have,

I think that was kind of the point, people without masks could well have a genuine reason for not wearing one and to tell them to 'p off' because they aren't is a slipery slope without knowing the facts.

Of course others won't for their own selfish reasons but again each to their own

No not necessarily.
you can still contract Covid despite having a vaccine and an antibody test will only return a positive result if you have actually had the Covid. The vaccine is not a live vaccine.
I can easily ask my colleagues at work if there is anything else we need to be aware of

I have my first Covid Jab at Rayleigh AMP tonight. Actually pretty excited!

My next one is still booked for the 23rd of Aug (in the unlikely event I do get to go to Orlando, it will be when I am away, so hoping to get one at 8 weeks or earlier. I'm 31 so not too sure If I will be able to move it back at the moment or any time soon!

I have my first Covid Jab at Rayleigh AMP tonight. Actually pretty excited!

My next one is still booked for the 23rd of Aug (in the unlikely event I do get to go to Orlando, it will be when I am away, so hoping to get one at 8 weeks or earlier. I'm 31 so not too sure If I will be able to move it back at the moment or any time soon!
Just had my second this morning! Received a txt about moving it earlier as was supposed to be 23rd.
All done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back