• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people haven’t been following the rules and recommendations since the basic “stay home, protect the NHS, save lives” message changed and in fact some have gone out of their way to bend them to suit.
Now we are 9 months in with a vaccine, there’s no chance they will now - there’s zero enforcement. January will be a massive strain on the NHS. I’m personally avoiding my parents, grandmother and sister in law who’s “at risk”. Sod Christmas.

Jan is going to be a nightmare for Covid infections, christ knows what the Government are thinking relaxing for Xmas, just crazy.

Jan is going to be a nightmare for Covid infections, christ knows what the Government are thinking relaxing for Xmas, just crazy.
The Guv might be giving people credit for using common sense?
However if they thought that after the antics of Cummings, some MPs, princess beatrix, kay burley etc then they are seriously deluded.
And I suspect the background to it is based on knowing that too many would adopt a "sod it it's Christmas " attitude and feck the consequences anyway.

Seems the media are pushing for more clarity over the Christmas “bubbles”. Can people seriously not make their own informed and sensible decisions over who might be at risk? Whatever happened to basic common sense?? Sadly I already know the answer..

Its not about who's at risk or rules, Is about individual families this Christmas. You make your decisions depending on circumstances. I have an elderly mother who is house bound and needs careers 4 times a day, even on the 25th and 26th as well as lots of family support. We will be doing whats best for us this year and I won't even need to know the rules.

Seems the media are pushing for more clarity over the Christmas “bubbles”. Can people seriously not make their own informed and sensible decisions over who might be at risk? Whatever happened to basic common sense?? Sadly I already know the answer..

The media are always pushing for harsher restrictions but then don't practise what they preach (see Kay Burley, Beth Rigby, Piers Morgan etc.) They are one of a number of groups who have come out of this whole situation with their reputation worse than it already was.

No, it seems a lot of people want to be treated like children and told exactly what to do nowadays. And the scientists are enjoying their new-found power of our lives. It's as if the government are forcing people to visit their families over Christmas. Like you say, what ever happened to personal responsibility?

Hopefully Boris won't cave in this time and will stand up to these killjoys who don't care about the huge damage they're causing because it doesn't affect them.

Last edited:
The media are always pushing for harsher restrictions but then don't practise what they preach (see Kay Burley, Beth Rigby, Piers Morgan etc.) They are one of a number of groups who have come out of this whole situation with their reputation worse than it already was.

No, it seems a lot of people want to be treated like children and told exactly what to do nowadays. It's as if the government are forcing people to visit their families over Christmas. Like you say, what ever happened to personal responsibility?

Hopefully Boris won't cave in this time and will stand up to these killjoys who don't care about the huge damage they're causing because it doesn't affect them.

Boris is stepping down in a few months, so don't expect much. But lets not drift into politics....Just thought I would let people know.

No, it seems a lot of people want to be treated like children and told exactly what to do nowadays. It's as if the government are forcing people to visit their families over Christmas. Like you say, what ever happened to personal responsibility?

Is it? Or is that they're so scared of falling foul of the rules that they want to be 100% sure that what they're planning is ok?

Is it? Or is that they're so scared of falling foul of the rules that they want to be 100% sure that what they're planning is ok?
Everyone has access to the infection rates and knows what tier they are in. Everyone knows the most at risk groups or can easily research them. Everyone should know if what they’re doing can wait til it’s safer and more people are protected by the vaccine. It’s not like the old bill will be banging on doors doing a head count. Check the facts and keep your family safe, rather than wait for Boris to say what the maximum is by law and then pushing it to that maximum just because you can. Like I’ve said before I’m seeing no relatives that don’t live with me, I don’t need to. Others might, they would have to make informed and necessary choices.

Everyone has access to the infection rates and knows what tier they are in. Everyone knows the most at risk groups or can easily research them. Everyone should know if what they’re doing can wait til it’s safer and more people are protected by the vaccine. It’s not like the old bill will be banging on doors doing a head count. Check the facts and keep your family safe, rather than wait for Boris to say what the maximum is by law and then pushing it to that maximum just because you can. Like I’ve said before I’m seeing no relatives that don’t live with me, I don’t need to. Others might, they would have to make informed and necessary choices.

Agreed, but you're making the assumption that everyone can understand the rules...

Partly that and then also so that they can work out "clever" ways to circumvent those rules or invent another conspiracy theory around them.

Lots of people I have been speaking to over the past couple of weeks through work have all said they have scaled down their Xmas gathering this year

Bonus for me, as partners Mum not coming over for Christmas for normal couple of days. I call her 'The Exorcist', as she usually see's off the spirits!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back