• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really sad you're right. Until the end of March is a long time. Where's this money coming from, it's also got to be paid back.

I think they are forward planning here and likewise one has to ask where is this money coming from and more importantly at some point this money/s will need to be repaid.
As selfish as it sounds I am glad I am at the age I am and now towards the end of my career and it is the younger generation who I feel for

Some idiot conspiracy theorist is posting leaflets in Rochford, saying the covid virus is a fake. I hope he isn't seen by that guy that has just lost both his parents to covid.

I despair at these people, the NHS are near on it's knee's because of Covid.

Yes there the conspiracy theorists are utterly dangerous but the NHS is absolutely no where near to being on its knees.

Suggest you go check out @sepsisUK on twitter, his name is Dr Ron Daniels BEM who is a official Intensive care doctor within the NHS. He is constantly saying how the NHS is categorically not being even close to being overrun, also NHS occupancy as of right now, is actually lower than last year (when Covid did not even exist to our knowledge)

I’m no economist, but I’m sure if we managed to borrow £500bn in 2008 to bail out the banks, then borrowing money to protect lives, jobs & businesses now (currently estimated at £210bn) is worth it?

Don't forget a lot of what they borrowed then was used to buy the banks, which were then sold off to recoup some of the money, although I'm not sure how much.

Reactions: GBJ
Drove back from London for work and it was like any normal day. Loads of cars on the road and just doesn’t appear like a lockdown.

its all figures on a screen.
I’m no economist, but I’m sure if we managed to borrow £500bn in 2008 to bail out the banks, then borrowing money to protect lives, jobs & businesses now (currently estimated at £210bn) is worth it?

The bank of England upped it's QE today, now at £470bn since March. For context that is more QE than in the last 11 years! We have always thought of hyperinflation as being something reserved for "banana republics" but it is coming. The national debts that were an issue pre covid are rising exponentially, the major currencies of the world are getting heavily diluted and the value of the £ in your bank/pocket is not going to go anywhere near as far as we are used to.

True story.
A friend has a work colleague who got very ill with C19, tested positive, hospital but not ventilators etc yet. Another work colleague got tested because of association but had only symptom of loss of smell but nothing else, another positive test and into isolation etc, otherwise all okay.

It must be, is, nigh on impossible, to control this, stop spread etc when it's effects are so disparate on random folk.

Unconnected but,
Another covid death at Southend this week, hospital becoming stretched is my information.

Exactly what shops are open? Are any of them in the 'banned' category?

As far as I can work out, it's clothes shops, anything where human contact is necessary (i.e. beauticians, tattooists/removals, hairdressers, barbers etc), and hospitality venues, pubs, bars, tea rooms etc. Everything else seems to be open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back