• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Conservative party conference

He is well out of the picture so if she want to blame him for her atrocious record as a minister making a hash of passport control, claiming she would reduce immigration to 100k then seeing it rise to 300k, alienation the police force, making a hash of deportations - if she wants to blame that on Cameron she could give that a try I guess.

She deported Hamza which was brilliant.
I thought Cameron promised less than 100,000.
The police can be very militant stirred up by well salaried Union reps.

She deported Hamza which was brilliant.
I thought Cameron promised less than 100,000.
The police can be very militant stirred up by well salaried Union reps.
Are you serious? Deporting Hamza was a national embarrassment! He should have been imprisoned/ convicted etc in the UK and stripped of his rights before deportation back to where he came from; rather than once again leaving the USA to carry the burden.
Cammie is a pig shagging Tory ****, End of! Following him is a taint never to be forgotten.
The Police have no Union or union rights so how are they militant? Strikes? Works to rule? Usual rubbish from you: or do they just state they are unhappy with things?

Are you serious? Deporting Hamza was a national embarrassment! He should have been imprisoned/ convicted etc in the UK and stripped of his rights before deportation back to where he came from; rather than once again leaving the USA to carry the burden.
Cammie is a pig shagging Tory ****, End of! Following him is a taint never to be forgotten.
The Police have no Union or union rights so how are they militant? Strikes? Works to rule? Usual rubbish from you: or do they just state they are unhappy with things?

Hamza had his so called human rights stopping deportation time and time again,May tried and tried but lawyers kept blocking her.

The US wanted him.

Agree about Cammy.

The police union can be very powerful without striking,they can get ministers the sack or tuck them up.

85% sounds questionably high - where did you get that stat from?

Exports from the UK to EU.......44.6% in 2014.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160105160709/http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/international-transactions/outward-foreign-affiliates-statistics/how-important-is-the-european-union-to-uk-trade-and-investment-/sty-eu.html

I think perhaps the 15 per cent stat is perhaps the goods alone trade.....possibly the 44 per cent figure less the service trade and Dutch effect?

Hamza had his so called human rights stopping deportation time and time again,May tried and tried but lawyers kept blocking her.

The US wanted him.

Agree about Cammy.

The police union can be very powerful without striking,they can get ministers the sack or tuck them up.

Hamza was convicted in the USA, for his words and actions done in the UK, BUT yes, his human rights were/ are so screwed in the UK court system that no action/ prosecution was taken at against him here AND that is a matter for shame NOT your boasting as a success. Again, the Police have NO Union or Union rights. tucking up Ministers? An incident of idiots jumping on bike and gate issues isn't a pre planned regime/ industrial actions is it?

I've never voted Tory (my dad would turn in his grave if I did). However although it's early days, I reckon she was the best pick of a bad bunch. As I've said, it's early day's, but even I am willing to give her half a chance at governing Great Britain, as it stands, I really think she couldn't do any worse than all the others in the 25 years.

I've never voted Tory (my dad would turn in his grave if I did). However although it's early days, I reckon she was the best pick of a bad bunch. As I've said, it's early day's, but even I am willing to give her half a chance at governing Great Britain, as it stands, I really think she couldn't do any worse than all the others in the 25 years.

It's a depressing situation but I think you're right she needs to be given the full opportunity to lead and then judged.

I think it was just a figure that a poster made up or recalled the wrong digits, doesn't really stand up to any investigation

I'm not so sure that it has been made up....misused perhaps even misunderstood but in terms of goods (not services)....

If we take the 44 per cent of total UK trade to the EU as correct which I think we are all agreed on then subtract the Dutch effect which will bring that down to around 42 per cent.... then deduct 70 per cent from the 42 (70 per cent is the service value of our total trade I'm using here)....would bring us down to a figure of goods alone which would be around 15-16 per cent.

So my guess is that (incorrectly) is how the 85 per cent is arrived at....

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that it has been made up....misused perhaps even misunderstood but in terms of goods (not services)....

If we take the 44 per cent of total UK trade to the EU as correct which I think we are all agreed on then subtract the Dutch effect which will bring that down to around 42 per cent.... then deduct 70 per cent from the 42 (70 per cent is the service value of our total trade I'm using here)....would bring us down to a figure of goods alone which would be around 15-16 per cent.

So my guess is that (incorrectly) is how the 85 per cent is arrived at....
it was a figure MrsBlue thought she remembered someone saying, first official figures I looked slashed her figure in half so I don't see any point in trying to justify why it is so wrong personally

I understand 85% of our trade is outside the EU..many of our firms have been dragged down by EU red tape.

85% sounds questionably high - where did you get that stat from?

Exports from the UK to EU.......44.6% in 2014.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160105160709/http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/international-transactions/outward-foreign-affiliates-statistics/how-important-is-the-european-union-to-uk-trade-and-investment-/sty-eu.html

it was a figure MrsBlue thought she remembered someone saying, first official figures I looked slashed her figure in half so I don't see any point in trying to justify why it is so wrong personally

I wasn't trying to justify it....merely understand it.

However if you think that 56 is half of 85....I wont ask you to help out!

I wasn't trying to justify it....merely understand it.

However if you think that 56 is half of 85....I wont ask you to help out!
I'm just saying it was a made up figure - if you read back through the thread there is not a lot of thought put into comments coming from that quarter and 85% of UK trade being outside the EU was just symptomatic.

I'm just saying it was a made up figure - if you read back through the thread there is not a lot of thought put into comments coming from that quarter and 85% of UK trade being outside the EU was just symptomatic.

Its an incorrect figure with regards total trade, but I can understand how it was arrived at.

Mrs B has been exceptionally busy on these boards today, shouldn't we be applauding her work rate rather than chastising her?

In fact I think you and her should go on holiday together. get a better understanding of one another :)

Its an incorrect figure with regards total trade, but I can understand how it was arrived at.

Mrs B has been exceptionally busy on these boards today, shouldn't we be applauding her work rate rather than chastising her?

In fact I think you and her should go on holiday together. get a better understanding of one another :)
we had discussed visiting North Carolina together but that became a bit awkward for reasons that I didn't quite understand

Greece will need another bail out very soon,how long can this madness continue for...Hungary voted 98% (low turn out) no more immigrant quota...Italians want their own referendum likewise the French people.

The EU ultimately is controlled by the left but the right are making vast strides for power.

When we leave and have great success then other countries will see the folly of the EU IMHO

Frankly, I find your vision of the future unrealistic and repugnant.

During Mrs Mays speech she highlighted the recent incident when the Brownlee brother sportingly helped his brother over the finishing line. She showed this as an example where people can help each other. Why then did she not mention throughout an hour long speech what her government is going to do to help the thousands of refugees fleeing war torn African states. This is the biggest issue in our continent of Europe yet she ignores it. So much for helping your fellow man. It is all words and no action, this government is quite happy to see the poorer European countries like Greece bear a heavy load while we do next to nothing.

During Mrs Mays speech she highlighted the recent incident when the Brownlee brother sportingly helped his brother over the finishing line. She showed this as an example where people can help each other. Why then did she not mention throughout an hour long speech what her government is going to do to help the thousands of refugees fleeing war torn African states. This is the biggest issue in our continent of Europe yet she ignores it. So much for helping your fellow man. It is all words and no action, this government is quite happy to see the poorer European countries like Greece bear a heavy load while we do next to nothing.

How many any should we take then ?

1000...10,000...100,000.....1 million....5 million.....lstate your preffered figure

Truth is the mass movement can never be sustained by any nation showing kindness,there literally are too many trying to enter Europe.

Perhaps your talking about the "migrant children"...you know the ones 6ft tall with full beards.

Back