• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Conservative Leadership Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever wins will eventually become one of the most hated PMs, they have to negotiate brexit with the United States of Germany, which will be painful, then oversee a period of horrendous world trading conditions as we are firmly entrenched in a recession of biblical proportions as some crackpot Tory team of negotiators try and hammer out deals with Congo and Azerbaijan to import goods. Interesting times ahead

Before the Referendum, had anyone asked me to name the Brexit leaders most likely to influence the country if 'out' was the result, I would have listed Boris, Gove and Farage. It didn't end like that though, did it? Angela Leadsom could yet spring a surprise amongst the Party faithful come voting time.

Cheerio Gove you Pingo face ****ing ****knuckle

Yet amazingly he was still the best (well least worst) candidate out of the three.

Meanwhile Labour are led by Corbyn and the Lib Dems by Farron.

It's no wonder that the country has voted itself into such a mess when it's got to the stage that a Blair, Clegg or Gove would be vast improvements.

Gove would have been my preferred choice but Leadsom would be OK. Unfortunately I think we're going to land with Sharia May, and if that's the case, there will be no Brexit. The government would like to follow Brecht's advice but this is the next best option.

Thought when Cameron resigned, he said the new PM needs to be someone who voted to stay in EU?.
May didn't, yet this aspect dos'nt seem to have been mentioned recently?.
Have I missed something?. (Admittingly I don't read the Papers every day).

got to be May. it's nothing about politics, just about who's best for the country.

Leadsom is totally out of her depth and seems to think every difficult question that involves any grasp of detail or a difficult decision can be batted away by going 'I believe in Britain'.

well i believe in it too darling but that doesn't make me fit to be PM.

and thanks to that Out win there won't actually BE a United Kingdom of Great Britain And Northern Ireland for much longer to believe in.

therefore i back May as the most competent and capable of sorting out this ****ing mess

got to be May. it's nothing about politics, just about who's best for the country.

Leadsom is totally out of her depth and seems to think every difficult question that involves any grasp of detail or a difficult decision can be batted away by going 'I believe in Britain'.

well i believe in it too darling but that doesn't make me fit to be PM.

and thanks to that Out win there won't actually BE a United Kingdom of Great Britain And Northern Ireland for much longer to believe in.

therefore i back May as the most competent and capable of sorting out this ****ing mess

Who gives a toss about the United Kingdom? There'll always be an England.

[video=youtube;-GvkyKEYRnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GvkyKEYRnM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back