• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Conservative Leadership Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha ****ing hell. He really is a lazy and indecisive dick.

nah - doesnt want to split the Gove vote. Gove has been v. clever - he's probably said to Boris, I'll give you deputy job and a la Brown, you can have it in a few terms.

That he may be but one thing he's not, is stupid. Obviously sounded out that he won't win and has withdrawn to avoid the humiliation. Will be interesting to hear what reasons he gives. What an incredible week in British politics! .......and it just keeps going on and on!!!

Game of Thrones esque!

I;m a Gove supporter - I know someone personally who has worked in the civil service under him and he is incredibly bright. He has reversed almost all of Grayling's crazy decisions in Justice, and knows how the media works as an ex-journo. If he can rein his wife in a bit that'd help/

I have a friend at the Treasury who said the same about Gordon Brown. (He also said GB was very arrogant.)

I'd imagine Gove will split the Johnson support a bit, leaving Theresa May as the favourite.

Johnson is a lazy flip-flop. Gove is an idiot.

Screen+Shot+2013-01-28+at+16.22.19.png

Gove may be many things, but one thing he isn't is an idiot. Don't underestimate him.

May as next prime minister.....pro European too.....lol
As I posted on other thread we will remain in the single market.....loving the free movement rules that go with it.....brexit!!!! Well almost

May isn't pro-European and put in about as much effort as Corbyn into campaigning for Remain. She didn't want to be seen to be disloyal and wanted to be able to portray herself as someone who can unify the party. She's going to put the truly awful Grayling in charge of Brexit negotiations if she gets in.

hahaha ****ing hell. He really is a lazy and indecisive dick.

Nah, he just did the maths.

Too many would be out to stop him. That's why Tory front runners rarely triumph. Rab Butler, Heseltine, Portillo etc. The Tory leader in waiting almost never becomes leader.

Anyone know what Gove's views on the LGBT community are? May likes to deport them to their death and Crabbe thinks homosexuality can be cured, so I assume Mikey boy wants to burn them all at the stake or something?

Anyone know what Gove's views on the LGBT community are? May likes to deport them to their death and Crabbe thinks homosexuality can be cured, so I assume Mikey boy wants to burn them all at the stake or something?

Both May and Gove apparently voted for gay marriage. Leadsom abstained.

If it is a head to head between Gove and May, then it could get very interesting. There is no love lost between the two of them, and their last big spat caused Michael's move from Education. Bring it on I say.

Gove is only standing so as to split the Boris vote which has worked a charm as Boris has bailed out. That leaves the door open for May who I would prefer.

Gove isn't as silly as he looks and has done the country a hugh favour by getting Bojo out of the picture.

Who gives a flying ****? Anybody who is serious about LGBT issues needs to be similarly strident in their condemnation of the creeping Islamic occupation of the western world, and I know that you aren't. If we believed half of the **** emanating from leftist ninnies, all Tories are poofs and paedos anyway, so you know, whatever.

I was very surprised that the real power brokers of this planet allowed Brexit to happen, but I can see now that they are going to get May elected and the withdrawal from the EU will be nominal at best. They probably just wanted the Leave vote to trigger a short term financial panic to rape small investors and to profit scum like Soros.

Lost my money on Boris but was quite impressed with a clip I heard of May on the radio. Although she was firmly a remainer, she said we have to leave, there will be no going back and no second referendum as that what was the country voted for.

In other words, we've ****ed up so lets get on with it.

Gove has alienated vast swathes of people in both his two big Governmental roles - anyone with anything to do with education, and civil servants involved in public safety under the Justice remit. Teachers and prison officers can't bear him! It'll be really interesting to see how this develops. He's not stupid, far from it, but I can't seriously consider him ahead of Theresa May. Wouldn't mind Liam Fox but don't really see him challenging....and as for local MP, John Barron.....:hilarious:

Gove has alienated vast swathes of people in both his two big Governmental roles - anyone with anything to do with education, and civil servants involved in public safety under the Justice remit. Teachers and prison officers can't bear him! It'll be really interesting to see how this develops. He's not stupid, far from it, but I can't seriously consider him ahead of Theresa May. Wouldn't mind Liam Fox but don't really see him challenging....and as for local MP, John Barron.....:hilarious:

Fox has featured quite a bit on here and in TV interviews. I had a quick look at the Wiki headlines on him:

Fox stood unsuccessfully in the 2005 Conservative leadership election. In the expenses scandal, he was the Conservative Shadow Cabinet member with the largest over-claim on expenses, and as a result, he was forced to repay the most money.[SUP][3][/SUP] In 2010, he was appointed Secretary of State for Defence, a position from which he resigned on 14 October 2011 over allegations that he had given a close friend, lobbyist Adam Werritty, access to the Ministry of Defence and allowed him to join official trips overseas.[SUP][4][/SUP] Following the Brexit referendum, Fox is standing for Conservative party leadership.[SUP][5][/SUP]

Tory Leadership and PM material....................really?

Fox has featured quite a bit on here and in TV interviews. I had a quick look at the Wiki headlines on him:

Fox stood unsuccessfully in the 2005 Conservative leadership election. In the expenses scandal, he was the Conservative Shadow Cabinet member with the largest over-claim on expenses, and as a result, he was forced to repay the most money.[SUP][3][/SUP] In 2010, he was appointed Secretary of State for Defence, a position from which he resigned on 14 October 2011 over allegations that he had given a close friend, lobbyist Adam Werritty, access to the Ministry of Defence and allowed him to join official trips overseas.[SUP][4][/SUP] Following the Brexit referendum, Fox is standing for Conservative party leadership.[SUP][5][/SUP]

Tory Leadership and PM material....................really?

Dr Fox should stick with his dated sycophantic Radio DJ style shows on Smooth FM, or wherever he works these days.

Lost my money on Boris but was quite impressed with a clip I heard of May on the radio. Although she was firmly a remainer, she said we have to leave, there will be no going back and no second referendum as that what was the country voted for.

In other words, we've ****ed up so lets get on with it.

I've seen somewhere that May is stating there will be no GE until 2020 if she is elected leader. Making the same mistake as Brown there IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back