• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatively maybe a couple of wins and it could be quite possible that some of the "yes" votes may change........maybe this is a glass half full view though which does not seem popular with the doom mongers. COYBB

If Brown goes, Kenny Jackett would be a stellar appointment - I just don't think he'd entertain the thought of joining us for too long and would expect him to be linked to bigger jobs than us.

Said this before, but Ricky Duncan was among the most recent crop of Pro Licence graduates. If he's entertaining the thought of senior management, then I'd probably be a lot more comfortable with him at the reins - permanently or in a caretaker capacity - than Maher or Barrett.

Not sure about that.

Ron is highly competitive and will really hate being bottom of the division.

I would say "Watch this space".

Ron has been quick to wield the axe before, just look at Tilson and Luggy, both went at very short notice. So he can be pretty ruthless

Although if PB is dismissed would RM not then have to get rid of GC and BH? I.e.: 3 pay offs? Given the financial perils already faced this could break the bank?

Ron has been quick to wield the axe before, just look at Tilson and Luggy, both went at very short notice. So he can be pretty ruthless

Although if PB is dismissed would RM not then have to get rid of GC and BH? I.e.: 3 pay offs? Given the financial perils already faced this could break the bank?

I would imagine , that if PB got the boot the Coughlan would get the nod for care taker tbh.

You could be right, but a manager with a genuine passion for the team might just make a difference, and he'd certainly get the crowd behind him :Worthy:. I'd just love to see a team putting their bodies on the line again, that just isn't happening right now, even the likes of Coker andLeonard seem to have lost faith.

Was in the West when the third goal went in last Saturday and his Leonard's reaction was telling. He seemed to give up after that. So sad to see.

Billy Knott whose dad played for Canvey and Concord as well as Managing the latter, spoke of how pleased he was to be in a team who pass and move and keep the ball. Against Southend he emphasized the importance of sliding balls through to the strikers higher up the pitch. He thinks they are one of the fittest sides in the league, and plan to wear teams out and stretch them as time goes on. Didnt we use to famously do that? So whats happened to the training regime or ATTITUDE. At the warm up for both games we looked to be going through the motions a bit. Gillingham utilised the whole half of their pitch, got all their squad and kids involved and played mini games at a pace
Meanwhile on the Management / Owner front Scally has introduced a new bonus scheme to lift the squad. This splits the season int 4 quarters bonus wise, to hopefully reduce the falling away in the last quarter. " " I have completely rewritten the bonus scheme which the players were impressed by and bought into, making 4 mini seasons, because I want them to be alive to it in each sector of the season " It could make an important 5% difference he said. Bonus payments were found to be more of a key factor in wages than weekly wage in successes in the Premiership.

Billy Knott whose dad played for Canvey and Concord as well as Managing the latter, spoke of how pleased he was to be in a team who pass and move and keep the ball. Against Southend he emphasized the importance of sliding balls through to the strikers higher up the pitch. He thinks they are one of the fittest sides in the league, and plan to wear teams out and stretch them as time goes on. Didnt we use to famously do that? So whats happened to the training regime or ATTITUDE. At the warm up for both games we looked to be going through the motions a bit. Gillingham utilised the whole half of their pitch, got all their squad and kids involved and played mini games at a pace
Meanwhile on the Management / Owner front Scally has introduced a new bonus scheme to lift the squad. This splits the season int 4 quarters bonus wise, to hopefully reduce the falling away in the last quarter. " " I have completely rewritten the bonus scheme which the players were impressed by and bought into, making 4 mini seasons, because I want them to be alive to it in each sector of the season " It could make an important 5% difference he said. Bonus payments were found to be more of a key factor in wages than weekly wage in successes in the Premiership.

Thats a great point you make. When we was in league two we got stronger in the last 20/15 mins when teams got weaker. Out fitness levels seemed to be much greater then ever team we faced in that division. Maybe it's just fitness levels being different in different leagues, although I'd doubt there would be much difference between the two.

Id like to know what changed, what was working then that didn't work last season to be taken out. Or is it purely the players being that demoralised that they can't reach those fitness levels again.

Here's a thought.

If, after Tuesday, we made as much noise as an entire ground to lift the team and players and drive them on from the stands in the next two home games, I wonder if we might just intimidate the opposition and lift the players ourselves.

Get the Hall rocking and we might just see a change of fortune and some growing confidence that we can contribute to, as well.

We might all enjoy it, too.

GC has contributed enough to this shocking defending, if PB goes GC must also go ! I think RM will put BH in charge, it will be a cheap option, not my choice !:unsure:
Please no, more of the same then some, rather PB than GC :thumbdown:

Sing when you're winning!!

Wow!! How much more dynamic is SZ when we are on a nightmare run?? Seems like a proprtion love it. More excuses to moan.
I do not care who is Chairman or what the personality of the manager is.
But I do know that when things are tough - most football fans whinge like babies!!
For me? I just want to win Tuesday night! End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back